Human Biology Young Boy Thought to be Dead Recovering

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by Bleys, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

This story fascinated me and broke my heart.

This child was declared dead, put in the morgue for an autopsy and discovered hours later to be alive.

How could a hospital make such a stupid and unforgivable mistake?

What kind of trauma will this child have suffered being left in a morgue, left for dead?

I am just heartbroken over this and as much as I hate lawsuits - I think the family should sue the hospital for malpractice.

B.:mad:

2. oortpower

oortpower Member

I agree. Sue those irresponsible idiot doctors for all they're worth. They must have been really slack, I mean there is a HUGE difference between dead and alive. It must have been really difficult for those doctors to be stupid enough to not be able to tell the difference between a dead four year old and an alive one.

3. Lost In Thought

Lost In Thought New Member

Dude.
    I'm kinda scared to go to the hospital now.
    "this kid's dead."
    "but he's breathing and talking. he's just here for a tour with his school group!"
    "I am the lead doctor here, and after careful examination, i have declared him legally braindead. the talking... is a side affect."
    :spam:

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

This sort of happened to my brother in law back last June. They had given him morphine due to a gunshot. He was given so much that his heart barely even beat at all. They pronounced him dead and moved him to the morgue. About 2 hrs later I got the call from him myself. He asked me where his sister was and I said who is this. He told me and I was like, whoever this is, thats a sick joke. He swore up and down it was him. His sister went back to the hospital and he was up in bed and talking up a storm. The monitors didnt even pick up the heartbeat, the doctors were stunned. Yes we were ticked, but his sister, being a doctor herself, looking at the charts checked everything 3 times, even read the EKG, there was nothing there showing signs of life.

It was truly weird. Sadly to say he passed away a week later, slipped into a coma and passed away while in the coma. Sometimes its not always the hospital at fault, especially if its not explained and the procedures are followed thru. Sometimes the body just shuts down completely then its starts up. Maybe a higher being stops the soul and says its not your time yet and sends it back.

5. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Good Post!
    At four years of age, the boy has the ability to accurately store and retrieve memories. Although he may not be fully aware of the reasons behind this traumatic experience, immediate help is needed.
    His life has been preserved, but his learning has just begun an all new chapter.