Metaphysics Yoga/meditation

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by stupid_should_hurt, Feb 7, 2005.

1. stupid_should_hurt

stupid_should_hurt New Member

Does anyone here actively do Yoga/ and or meditation?
    I am interested in Yoga to hopefully de-stress. As it now...I live a hectic life and never seem to stop. I took a Yoga class, and although I found myself more relxed and at peace when the class was done......it was shot to pot on the way home through Houston nightmare traffic. I need some good links.....names of books..something to get myself geared to do this at home in my own place where I am more comfortable.

2. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I actively meditate but not yoga...

I learnd how to do what I do a long time ago by an accident and hence I can only tell you what I do.

3. overrocked

overrocked Premium Member

Try listening to an enjoyable cd or tape while in traffic- And keep practicing yoga- it takes time to direct your inner state no matter what situation you may be in-. I found about 3 or 4 tapes, cd's, books, at my local thrift store- If you can learn the basics at the class you went to- you could probably just create your own 15 minute routine and change up the poses every so often.

I like to listen to satellite radio while in the car- with no commercials I have more serenity- it's bad enough to be lambasted by advertising everywhere you look-

Yoga should also be helping you to stretch- it helps to reprogram your body as well as your mind :)

4. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

I do meditation sometimes, not as much as i wish.

and i do yoga streches from my doc, for my back

5. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I actually need to do both! Stress for me is a constant flow. But I have gotten so good with it, that I compartmentalize it which leaves it to disapating...my body is in wretched form now...i havent been exercising as much...use to be constantly in shape...now i walk and sound like snap crackle pop...