ID Lounge Yes or No: Have you every loved someone enough to die for them?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by _Angel_1991, Apr 4, 2005.

1. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Self Explanatory....
    I also added a "I don't know".

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Yes, my daughter........ It took no thought to think about it either.

3. parrhesia

parrhesia Member

Same for me. I would die for my my daughter in an instant. :love:

4. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Yes anyone. And I beleive I would too.

5. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

parrhesia - I didn't know you were old enough to have a child.

I echo others sentiments - my girls without hesitation. Probably in most cases you would attempt to act not considering that death was a possibility. I like to think that most people rush to help without weighing the consequences.

B

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Actually, if any kid is involved, I would probably help without even thinking of the consequenses and just rush to do it. I do not even like to watch movies where kids ar victims or in pain. Adults I can tolerate, but kids for some reason really get to me.

7. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:up:

I was watching the news over the weekend and saw a report about a car accident. The man had lost control and hit a bridge support, buckling the front end and doors. The car began to burn and the man could not get out. 10 - 15 people jumped from their cars and were pulling on the doors trying to pry them open and others were using extinguishers on the fire. It was amazing seeing these people doing everything in their power to rescue this man - not one of them was thinking of their own safety.

Gave me such a rush of pride to see the unselfishness of complete strangers.

B.

8. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I love people enough to kill for them and I think that requires a whole different look at things. Afterall, I invested 4 years in the Army perfecting my art.

I according to my instincts will self-preserve to fight another day.

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by bodebliss]

9. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

Well, okay, you got the love and guts to do it. It's not such a big deal. Being prepared to die for someone requires, on my opinion, much more love than that. Finally, you sacrifice yourself, not someone else...Except for the case in which sacrifice the one you're prepared to die for...

10. blue

blue Premium Member

yes, for my daughter- at one time for her mother- most any one i was in combat with

11. confusedwisdom

confusedwisdom New Member

I would die for the people I love.
    But i think the some of the people i've loved (note the past tense) would still die for me.
    It's tough to reply to that one, some people love awefully hard.

12. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Too be perfectly honest, I would die from any one person that doesn't deserve to die themselves.

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Waxy cheesecake]

13. _Angel_1991

It is good to feel this love that all of you have. I rejoice!
    I am not surprised, though. Yes, I would definitly die for my family and even my friends. Kill for my loved ones? Now that is something different entirely. I am gonna post something about that in the philosophy forum!
    :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

14. confusedwisdom

to kill for the ones i love, it would have to be seriously life or death. killing is scary.

15. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Now let's us change perspective here.

How about a situation where you have to kill one of your best friend, for the one you loved.

Both people you deeply loved, but one must die to protect the true love.

16. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Easy...off yourself. :lol:

17. confusedwisdom

i don't know... you have to kill your best friend? how long have you known either, what if your best friend is the one you truly love and they want you to kill them? think about that. :??:

18. malik

malik Premium Member

I think I would too.. I would do anything for my family... (But I hope I am never put into those circumstances...and I hope neither of you ever have to make such a decision...God Forbid!)...

I don't know If I could kill...I couldn't live with myself if I did kill someone.. (Heaven forbid)... but if someone harms my family ..then probably I would resort to using some kind of defence mechanism.. (Again I hope you and I are never put into that situation) :shk:

I just hope my love for family members and friends is never tested.. but if it is I hope I have the courage in me to always be ready.

M

19. tablet

tablet Premium Member

IF my first scenario is not complicated enough, how about this!

Suppose you met an opposite sex tomorrow and fall in love deeply. You know that this person is right/perfect for you. Faith have decided that both of you were meant for each other. You then got to know this person and become soul mate.

Over time (perhaps 3-8 years down the road) your parents and family members got to know this person and now you all know each other. Your mom and both of you decided to take a break and go on a field trip into a black labyrinth’s cave…

The place is mysterious, all sort of locks are on the ground.

Something happen in this cave, you accidentally step on one of the lock that collapse the place. Your mom and your soul mate fell into a hole where they were standing. The cave is shaking and is about to collapse. You either save yourself and let them all die or … you can rescue ONE, and only one because there’s no time for two…

Who would you rescue? Remember… if your soul mate die your life becomes meaningless, empty and you will never erase all the good time/bad time that you had together. On the other hand, your mom takes care of you since you were a little boy. Always there for you.

Who would you rescue? And why? Will you let the coin decide?

Note: Things like this rarely happen in real life, most of us will never encounter situation like this so the answer will be very unrealistic. In time of danger we all surprise ourself and what we say now we might not do later (in time of danger) and vice versa.

Those men that try to rescue really surprise themselve right there… you really don’t know what you’re going to do, when the time strike you can rush in and do something about it or stand and watch! Like a tv (scary if you think about it… people who watch tv a lot might ended up watching insteading rescuing??? :puz: )

:up:

20. _Angel_1991

I would jump down into the pit and die with them all...
    Better to die with them than to lose either one of them...