Human Biology Woman resumes talking 20 years after injury

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by Bleys, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

When I was a child the Edgar Allen Poe in me was always afraid of being buried alive or being conscious in a body that everyone else thought was dead or vegetative. I saw this today and found myself thinking about it again.

Source: MSNBC

wonderful news for the family - I just hope she does not remember her 20 year ordeal.

B.

2. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

The mind is indeed a mysterious thing.
    We still know so little.
    I wonder what her thoughts were all those years, and the torment and frustration if her mind was active but unable to interacte with her environment.
    Bizzar!!!

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Who knows, maybe her mind was playing that day over and over again liek a broken record...then finally her brain just skipped and moved on. The mind is defintely a mysterious thing and as long as we live or exist we will never fully understand how it works.

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Maybe she finally found something worth saying.

5. Montana

Montana New Member

I would love to find out if she has been in our reality or one of her own! Maybe she has been living a completely different life all in her mind.

6. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:help: I remember a scene in the movie Awakenings where Robin Williams is talking to Max Von Sydow about the possibility that his catatonic patients are actually conscious but unable to communicate. Sydow dismisses the idea. Williams asks him why - to which Sydow replies that it would be unthinkable and horrific to imagine such an existence.

I hope that this woman's last 20 years have been a pleasant dream state for her.

B.

7. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Bleys,

Ever hear of a wakeful dream state called lucid dreaming.

In that state you can train yourself to experience things that are impossible in normal liviving, in full sensory mode. Like sprouting wings and flying. Talking to bigfoot, animal guide, whoever. It could be a world where everything is just a little more real than real, a minni vacation in your day, and you can train your mind for that. There are books on this technique.