Relationships Which Sex Do You Relate With More?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by pineappleupsidedown, Dec 7, 2004.

1. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I want to see if this has anything to do with "what sex is your brain?". For example, I am a woman, and spend a lot of my time with men, and my brain "gender" is about 50-50.

What about you?

---Pineapple

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Im definetly able to communicate more with the typical guy than the typical girl. Just my personal bias.

3. websurfer

websurfer Member

Zsandmann summed up everything right there.

IMHO You would have problems if you can relate to the opposite sex more... That's just weird.

Consider this:
    There are a lot more men than women in sportztawk.com

That's not a coincidence.

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm sure Z means face to face. But if it's online I'm sure anything goes. Even Gay!

5. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

I interact better with females as there is none of that underlining testosterone 'I'm the bigger man' garbage. This doesn't happen with all guys, just most of them that do everything like it is a contest to find the more manly winner.

Problems with females exist as well because when I get too friendly most of the time they begin batting their eyelids and tossing their hair.

Why doesn't anyone just want a normal relationship?

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Someone is probably laughing while reading your last statement and looking at your avatar. Sorry. You just pulled my leg. :cheers:

7. /Future Corpse/

Ummm...errrrrr.....huh!?! Perhaps I'm just tired, but you lost me.

PS And I deny touching you in any way...unless your really hot.

8. tablet

tablet Premium Member

It was a joke.

Problems with females exist as well because when I get too friendly most of the time they begin batting their eyelids and tossing their hair.

Why doesn't anyone just want a normal relationship?

:)

[Edited on 7-12-2004 by tablet]

9. /Future Corpse/

A joke? I've heard of those.;)

I was just confused because of the reference to my current avatar. It is actually half of a famous photo from Vetnam. The other half (not shown) is of a man about to shoot him in the head.

Happy, happy!:no:

10. Juanita

Juanita Member

I have a good circle of friends w/ enough in common to keep up the conversation, or to have a moment of silent pondering/reflections.

But....

When it concerns the things I am interested in....It's always the opposite sex. Computers. Conspiracies. Philosophical conversations.

On the flip side - Most of the men I meet out there can only discuss the computer topic.

11. pineappleupsidedown

Wow, this poll has stayed pretty much dead even.
    I dont see whats wrong with relating to the opposite sex better. And Yes, guys tend to enjoy sports better, but i do not really see your point.

---pineapple

12. rawiea

rawiea New Member

I've said elsewhere that I took an early retirement. Heck, I might even be the "Ancient One" here on ID. About the unseen half of the picture, isn't the guy with a gun a Vietnamese cop? Seems like it was a Time or Newsweek photo. Late 1960's--I was in High School.

I spent 32 years in one factory. Mostly male co-workers, but during the last 10 or so years an increasing number of women. I am not as uneasy around women as I once was, simply because I am around them more. I'm glad I married young. I'd hate to have to go through all that dating ritual stuff now.

The world has changed so much in my 52 years that you may have to define "normal". The word does not mean what it once did. It used to mean "common, everyday". Now it seems to mean "generally acceptable". I'm getting old. Sometimes I get off topic and ramble on and on and on and on and on ... What was the question?

Geezers like me only talk about computers to complain about how much we do not understand them. I used to hear old guys talking about women like that. TABLET! Normal changed here, too.

13. tablet

tablet Premium Member

rawiea, yes. Normal is such a subjective words. I am very normal. Right away different people have different opinion about me already. :lol:

14. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

It looks like it splits pretty evenly, so far in our diverse group no bias for one type of interaction has outweighed the others and I find that very interesting.

15. pineappleupsidedown

Hey everyone, when you are posting, can you please state your gender as well? Sometimes its really hard to tell with unisex screennames. I am a woman, but i have said that before.

---pineapple

16. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Yeah I am not certain of a few members :) It can be very hard to tell in cyberspace, Im male again, for the record.

17. rawiea

rawiea New Member

Male here.

18. pineappleupsidedown

Yeah, your avatar definatly confused me for awhile
    ---pineapple

19. websurfer

websurfer Member

male here

20. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Im a dude, and I put mixed, cuz I can relate to both males and females. Im more of a problem listener...