Metaphysics What's your philosophy on life?

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by junior_smith, Oct 13, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i know in another thread i said you can not have one philosophy blah, blah blah. well i think you can have a general one, or you can have one for the sake of this topic :duh:

so just so i can get a feel where everyone is coming from, with their ideas and such. in 30 words or less what is your outlook on life, or what is your outlook on life TODAY, as it may chnage from day to day with your mood

2. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Have a set code of morals and beliefs and have them true beliefs/m,orals ones you are willing to stand up for seirously. And that your decisions sould be based on theses. you shud thuink with all your mid and heart before you adopt these beliefs and say yes this is right and just and is for me. then your dicisions fall in linea nd you should theoreticlly never do anything that upsets you

i follow this relativly closely but after all im human

3. clearmind

clearmind New Member

i'm not sure....i think one issue a person must decide...is there 'karma'...is your life predtermined or is life a large series of chance punctuated by some pre-determined events........... your view on these will color your 'philosophy' of life. as for me..i'm not sure...

live and let live..be aware and be prepared.......

4. bigdanprice

bigdanprice New Member

I belive in doing whatever you feel to be right in life as long as it doesn't impinge on other peoples pursuit of happiness...

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I believe some times your the windshield some times your the bug, sometimes a plan comes together, sometimes your just a fool in love.

:wow::pbjtime::ham:

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

In life I only learn what I need to know. I learn through experimentation, through trait and error.

I see life the same. We are here to experience. There is no need to know everything, the time you spent tryiing to know everything could have spent experiencing life and appreciating it.

You have about 78 years to live. By the time you finished knowing everything you have no time left to experience life. If you truly believe that that's your purpose in life, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Follow your heart, but know that it won't last.

7. drlau

drlau Premium Member

or... sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball; sometimes it all comes together, sometimes you're going to lose it all.

One day you got the glory, one day you got none.
    One day you're a diamond, and then you're a stone.

If you don't believe that, you're in dire straits, indeed...:p

8. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

i couldnt aggree more or said it better

9. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

1. Do what it takes to survive. Claw, fight, crawl. A true hero knows what must be done.

2. Understand that nothing worth anything comes without sacrifice.

3. You owe loyalty to your friends and your family, and no one else. Respect is earned, not given.

4. Freedom is precious. Keep flying.

DE

10. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I simply love the way this was said it shows alot of the characteristics of my look on life and what i believe in.

11. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

On the road of life I have grown a bit wiry from driving and am just looking to get to my destination by hitting as few potholes as possible.;)

12. wangs0r

wangs0r New Member

Life is a ride, it goes up and down just have fun while your on it because it will end just befor u think it got started.

13. Ikebana

Ikebana Member

My philosophy: Stop thinking so much and start enjoying life.

14. alternateheaven

alternateheaven New Member

I live my life from one day to the next with little planning in terms of distant future, as every time I look up from the planning it seems I'm pointed in a new direction.

Loyalty and Respect are big things to me; I work hard in earning and returning both. I have a central core of friends who have over time become more like family though I affectionately call them my tribe. Being a open minded person I tend to borry concepts from different places into an elastic form of morals and mentality.

15. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

As I grow older, I have increasingly avoided annoyances and fights because they are not worth it. Even if you win an argument with a girl/boy friend or family member, you lose. I either just agree or leave, but bickering is a waste of time. No one is going to see eye-to-eye all of the time so just accept it and move on. Accept other people for who they are even it you don't agree with they're ideas.

16. Ape

Ape Premium Member

If you are not remebered it's like you never existed at all.

If you die today will you be remebered in 50 years? Have you done anything important for mankind? Were you worth the effort to be brought here?

Do something or chain of things to be remebered, for that is all you can do. For that is the only way to be immortal.

If you are not remebered it's like you never existed at all. An entire life like it never happened.

17. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Mizar, that quote from Lord of the Rings, is absolutely perfect, thats how I view the life day to day. We have good ones and we have bad ones. But its all up to you and how you spend that day.

18. Gopher

Gopher Member

"Live like you are dying"

"Get Busy living or get busy dying"

19. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

If I can make a child smile I've had a fulfilling day.
    :love: :clwndnc: :love:

20. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

okay, I have said it before and I'll say it again....

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the
    other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~
    WOO HOO what a ride!