Sociology What Would You Die For?

Discussion in 'Sociology' started by tablet, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Just to clear up the misunderstanding.

2. overrocked

overrocked Premium Member

I would die to protect myself and my partner-

3. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

"People die every day. The lucky few get to die for what they believe in. "

-Anon.

DE

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Death isnt just the end, it opens you up to a new plane of existence. And Im not talking about heaven, dont believe in that crap.Our bodies are just here on this Earth to prepare our minds for the next stage.Whats to fear about that?

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Right on DLM ! we are vessles of an energy that never dies but just changes forms . I hate people (who are alive) telling me about what happens after a body dies (like they know)

I DO question how my energy will be recycled one day ....

Next life I want to be a squirrel in the Boston Common , a fat happy squirrel with cheeks full of popcorn .

6. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

yeah i would die for what i believe in most deifntly.

7. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I would die for family , a couple friends , and self preservation where I could take my assailant with me.

8. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Id die for my love, and well, that seems about it, besides Freedom and human rights.

Like if there was a revolution (very doubtful) against the US Government to take back our rights, id go all out and fight to the death.

9. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

You speak of Death...
    I say this: Death is a close friend to me, because I know that whatever happens after death, I won't have to worry about it, because I will be dead.
    I would die for my friends, the ones I love (and don't start up about what "love" is) and my family. If I could, I would die for love, because that is all that is good on the earth.

10. Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick Member

I would die for the preservation of human life, and at the moment some of the things i believe in

11. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I'm for living forever, on this Earth if possible. Alot of people want to die cause they are depressed and they depress me, so more power to them. This may be the generation that will be blessed w/ everlasting strife. We should be so lucky.

I think the secret is make the other chap die for what they believe in, at least that's what George S. Patton said.

12. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I would die for a great Mexican Restaurant!!! There are none in Japan....

13. invader_chris

invader_chris Member

I would die for freedom. I belive strongly in freedom. Control must be stopped. Break free from your strings.

14. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I'd die for my love of ID

- Ice -

15. toolmaker

toolmaker New Member

Anything worth living for is worth dying for.

It is people with a true love of life that justify dying for something without reservation or hesistation.
    Japanese samurai considered themselves dead before the battle, their life no longer belonged to them. If they survived, it was due to intervention by a higher power.

Life is sacred and to be treated with upmost respect and honor, death would be the ultimate demonstration of that understanding.
    Death without purpose is to be avoided.

16. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I'm ashamed to say this but I'll be truthfull right now at my age I'm affraid of death. I don't want I or any of my friends or family to die cause I know I will never see them again. never hear, smell, or touch them. I ust to wonder the sorrow my family would feel for my lose or the sorrow I would feel for the lose of someone else. Death scares me and that is a weakness needed to be conquered. I wonder why I fear it why the lose of another bothers me so much. Maby I get too attached to quickly. I have never had a close friend or family member die on me. And the only reason I fear it is the thoughts in my head. Maby when I lose someone It'll be like the chicken poxs one bad blow and it's not as bad the next. But I just don't know and the things I dont know I yern to. "A lack of knowledge is terrifing" So until I witness death Then I'll answer to u what I would die for.

17. toolmaker

toolmaker New Member

Had Many friends and family Die. A dear friend of mine had lung cancer, she was only 31. every day she woke up and comment "not another day" She was ready and looking forward to dying.

I dont believe Death is something to fear....it is passing from this to another, higher plane of existance. But that is something personal to each of us. Our society tends to shy away from Death, most indigenous cultures have a more open and inclusive approach to dying.

I wish you well on your journey.

18. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Let love guide you in your trip
    Let light shine before you, showing you the pitfalls
    Let all that is good wish you well.
    Death is Life is Death
    Love all and in all let love live.
    If I had to die, as I said before, I would die for love....
    For God is Love is Life.

19. MENGUARD

MENGUARD New Member

When everything and nothing is the same.But for that matter you would have already transcended.I think this question is a paradoxity,what would you live for?

20. Young William

Young William Premium Member

I would be willing to die for the preservation of ideals, for the benefit of the masses, and unfortunately, for love.