Metaphysics What Religion Are You?

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by Icewolf, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well i was inspired by a thread to bring this up, if you choose other, please specify,

P.S I'm a Jedi

2. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm not religious so I can't really vote, but if I were forced to I would pick Budhist because the way I live my life seems to match with it.

3. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

You shoulda put a Not Applicable option for us non religious folk.

4. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Humanist???

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

what is the Jedi religion?

---pineapple

6. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

The jedi religion, believe in the way of the force. It guides them through their life. It was origanally set up long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away. The jedi were a group of bodyguards who assisted the council on courescent.

7. masqua

masqua Member

I believe that every atom in existance (everything and anything) is that which most of us consider as God, since we must have a name for such a Deity. I follow no established religion although there are some names which come close to my belief, such as pantheism, described in Websters as "the doctrine that God is the transcendant reality of which the material universe and human beings are only manifestations"...the description goes on to make the suggestion that "it involves a denial of God's personality" which I do not agree with.
    As well, Deism comes close, in the way that it is a "belief in the existance of a God on the evidence of reason and nature only, with rejection of supernatural revelation".

masqua

8. papa viejo

papa viejo New Member

OTHER

i would consider myself a lapsed agnostic. religion is such a waste of energy

9. AD5673

AD5673 Member

Why do you have Catholic, and Protestant when they are the same religion? If you belive that Jesus Chrost was the son of God, and the savior then why not just put Christain and not protestan or catholic, and if you wanted to include all you shouldve put Orthadox too
    im Christain BTW

10. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Christian baptist. I am very religous, I generally don't bring up religon because I would make the other person feel uncomfortable and I don't like to do that to people.

11. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

Some believe in a caucasion man with a long white beard, I believe in the singularity of energy.

Ugh! Buddhist I suppose.

12. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

To solve any errors in mt pole, you should no I know nothing of religoin, so I put down the names of the ones I've heard of, so sorry about any errors with same religion and stuff.

13. I am a Christian based person. Notice I put Christian based. The reason is the hellfire/damnation seems a little ridiculous doesnt it? I am not trying to start a holy war, just my opinion. Why would GOD creator of everything send his son to die for us then if we arent good send us to get burned? To me this is kind of silly. I do believe in GOD. I believe in Christ but for the most part I dont like most of the Christians I know and have met. How can you goto church one day a week maybe two and be good and ask for forgiveness and get all warm and fuzzy. Then after you leave church you dont put any of it to good use. This is my question. I believe if you are nice and treat people fair/decent then you will recieve it in return. The Devil made me do it just makes me angry. Sure there is evil. Look all around. There is more good too. What we focus on makes us who we are as people. Focus on good and all will be. Just be. This is my opinion. Have a wonderful holiday.

14. AD5673

AD5673 Member

oh alright sorry dude, im Orthadox anyway..still Christian theres just divisions, but i hate it when people devide any religion

15. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

Buddhist for me, however there are things in other religions that are simliarily spiritual, for instance teh tale of jesus (which could also be called the tale of zoraster, for all you theologins, lol) is one of the most spiritual stories around, you cannot help being affected by it, however i don't think christians necessarily practice what jesus ACTUALLY preached

16. AD5673

AD5673 Member

oh come on..its not a tale, not like alice in wonderland..thats a tale, billions of people belive its true along with me..they dont consider it a tale

17. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Tale...Story...Crapfest...whatever you wanna call it. Just because 2 Billion people think its true, doesnt make it so. Just means that 2 Billion people are believing in a lie.

Im gonna get it from some god nut, BRING IT!! :D:D

18. AD5673

AD5673 Member

lmao...i belive it dude but whatever...you have your own opinion
    wait...then how would you explain how the Earth was created?

19. mrwupy

mrwupy New Member

I took an online test awhile back which was suppose to tell you which religion your beliefs were most like. After the test it said my beliefs were unlike any known to mankind and my spiritual path was uniquely my own. Heck, I knew that before i took the test and felt like a dummy for taking it. Anyway,

I decided to go ahead and give my beliefs a name. I am a spiritual anarchist. ALL religions are in and of themselves cults for no other reason than they deny their followers of the broader truths of life.

The path one walks does not make them holy, they must make the path holy regardless of what path they have chosen. Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will be gone.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

20. Die Trying

Die Trying New Member

This is my religon.
    Don't do to anyone, what you would'nt want done to you.
    Don't be cruel to animals.
    Don't destroy peoples property.
    Don't wake the neighbours.
    Smile. Who knows you may make someones day.