What is ID Future?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by tablet, Oct 7, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I believe/think that ID will remain the way it is through out the years.

Suppose I teach you karate. I have 101 moves. I teach you 100 move. The last one I keep it to myself incase you might turn your back on me and decide to fight me in the ring (please, don't even try - I have a gun). That's what it would be like for ID if the htmls/code/script is not owned by the people at ID...

htmls/code/script <---- the last move. ATS own that last move. The ring founder have been given the 100 move.

For ID to grow and crawl on top of ATS, ... the last move is needed.

But would ATS want ID to expand? (rival)

I'm not saying ID should seperate with ATS. Just a thought.

[Edited on 9-10-2004 by tablet]

2. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

wait until the 90 days are up then we wil talk about taking ID past the ATS threshold

3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, in all essence ATS, BTS, and ID are similar, but very very different. We do cover many of the same things as ATS, but we leave out the conspiracy base. How do we say we are better than ATS? There is really no comparison. It is like apples and oranges. Sure, we are both forums (fruit) and we both are appealing (tastes good and sweet), but, which is better? I think that adding ID to the Tabs at ATS will enhance their growth as well. We offer a different type of atmosphere where people can talk about Nano research seriously and not have to worry about a conspiracy to give them all nano parachutes to start the invasion. :lol:

But, the conspiracy side is sort of an important part as well. What happens when the wrong people get their hands on this?

Ok, how do you have a serious scientific topic about it and at the same time talk about conspiracy, but at the same time keep the interest of both the conspiracy minded as well as the scientifically minded? Well, a person only interested in the science will not want to wade through a thread of mixed conspiracies. Also, a thread of only scientific theory will not catch the eye of a person worried about the government coverup of them. With ID, we have the solution right here. They can deal with the scientific questions over here and know that they will learn about nano technology here and they can easily choose the ATS tab or open another window there to discuss the government coverup on ATS. This way we keep the interest of both parties as they both can go easily back and forth to learn.

Also, being the nature of ATS is conspiracy based, there are probably many good scientific people that may be turned off by the nature of ATS. So, they can come here and talk without worrying about the conspiracy stuff.

So, Yes, we have only 100 moves out of a possible 101, but that one move in this sense will not matter in the fight, as there is no fight. If we got a membership larger than ATS in a VERY LONG TIME from now and had more traffic, it will only serve to show that people are more interested these days in science than conspiracy. But, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. :D

How do I view our success? This is my personal opinion only now: To be a success, I would think ID should be a recognized site around the world as a serious site to some to for people interested in scientific study and also a place where professional scientists come to do serious research together and with the members. Also, the quality of people here make this an inviting site that is easy to start talking on. Whether you are a school student or a professional astrophysicist.

This is my vision of success....

4. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I am glad no one here talks about such a crazy idea.

I hope ID will grow and some day because just as big of a site as ATS. I think both ATS and ID are great sites and it does not need to be a fight between each site. If there was a fight ID would win though
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I am really not worried. Yes, the two are related, but the ppl that come here are looking for something besides conspiracies. I joined ATS because i enjoy debating and learning new things, but the religion-bashing and non-fact related comments about political figures bothered me. This is where i choose weither or not i prefer apples or oranges. I can still like apples though :bouncy:

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I don`t know though.. sometimes I find Airborne Nanobots with little parachutes, laser weapons, and backspacks camping out in the enemies ears quite interesting sometimes.... ;)

If you only eat apples, you will lose out on some of the good properties and viotamins of the orange.... HEY!!! I just got a new project for the botony section..... :lb:

Anyways, I like apple pies more than orange pies... ha ha But, I still love orange juice... :yes: :yes:

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

yay!!!! botany needs a little :love: :bouncy:

[Edited on 10-9-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

8. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

so then what is the banana? ATSNN?
    or the grapefruit? The grapefruit could be sportztalwk
    or a pear? i bet the pear is BTS