ID Lounge WHAT HAVE WE BECOME?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Now the title may sound a bit harsh but believe me after reading this you will be very sad and very angry!

There is a site which advocates cruelty to animals like you will never have thought possible. Kittens are placed inside bottles adn fed through straws. the kittens are unable to move but are meant to be a marvel of art! ART! HAH, this is not art this is horrific torture for the pleasure of the sick and rich (i'm not imfering the rich are sick but god look at this site)

Do not look at the following link if you are not completely sure you will be able to cope with it, http://www.bonsaikitten.com

2. Dark_phoenix0666

Dark_phoenix0666 New Member

That is sick and wrong they are also trying to say that the kittens in the boxes make excellent toys for CHILDREN! COME ON the poor cats must be terrified. i personally HATE cats but this is just so wrong and should ever be allowed

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Dark_phoenix0666]

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

The problem with society today is that we think we're creative, Smart and intelligent.

We think walking naked out on the beach or in an art museum is art. They believe a blank canvas is beautiful and consider it to be the highest form of art, what they don't realize is that this frame of mind will lead to something like the cat here.

Some artist go as far as to request that their body get cremated and turn it into paint to be on display when they die.

There's a movie not so long ago and I'm not sure what the title was but I believe it's "The art of killing cat". This movie is considered to be art cause it shows the process of killing cat! and that's art in itself!

There's nothing you can do to stop this. Once people believe they're "creative".... things like this come out.

4. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

2 or 3 months ago, I was just as astounded at the cruelty going in that site. Then I found out that it was a prank. A very cruel prank, but still just a prank.

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

i know the site is a prank, but its not that which astounds me. The fact is people are stupid enough to go out thre and copy things like that. The fact that cruelty such as that exists is not questioned, but this was a reminder to us all of how fortunate we all are.

6. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

First off, it might be a prank but still someone did the action in order to get the photos on the website, that is purely Animal Cruelty and I pray that someone traces that IP and find the owner of that website and slap them with fines and jail time. Sorry but I dotn stand for that stuff. Animals have been here alot longer than we have and they dotn have constitutions, democracy, etc.

7. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

HOLY CRAP WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! how the hell do you say that those are beautiful works of art! THAT IS TORTURE YOU TWITS(people on the bonsai site i mean) NOT YOUR ******* ART! this is OUTRAGEOUS these people should be arrested for animal cruelty!

im emailing Peta about this one, i hate PETA, but this has got to be stopped.

8. shadowstriker

shadowstriker New Member

i think anyone who dose sompthing to an animal should have it happen right back to them it would teach them a lesson and respect for animals:sing:

9. spacedoubt

spacedoubt Member

There must be something wrong with me..
    I laughed pretty hard at that website..Knowing it was a joke of course.

Just to make it clear.. I am totally against cruelty to animals..

The guestbook section was hilarious...

10. TheWidowGarret

TheWidowGarret Premium Member

Ok, it's a prank, a sick twisted prank, but nonetheless, just a prank. The photos were done with photoshop, and yes PETA knows about it... Bonsai Kitten has even gone as far as the national news... I just find it surprising that it keeps surfacing, it's reposting that link that keeps that site alive, the more viewers, the more press and publicity, the more feedback they get and they stay running... It is a site that runs kinda like a small business, if people stop going there they close.

11. pieman

pieman Premium Member

all i'll say is anyone for chicken,

chicken pie even,

dindangnammit i just hate cats, best use i've ever seen made of them.

tounge in cheeek, tounge in cheek

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by pieman]

12. pieman

pieman Premium Member

best use is in baseball,
    bat or ball,
    or both:lb::gomods:

13. TheWidowGarret

TheWidowGarret Premium Member

I don't know, they can be very effective in soccer... or as ear muffs :how: :up: