What an interesting voyage this has been.

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

My first day here,...and I am really liking it.

I started this catagory as a place to chat about the hunt.

The clue's, the processes,..the thoughts going thru our head's.

Feel free to post any comments or observations,..as well as any questions you may have.

For me, it has been a long (quite a) few weeks. The anticipation,...the not knowing.

But now we are here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Genya

Genya New Member

Hi smirkley!

Well, it should come as no surprise, that staff at ATS (the board that rocks!!:D ) were honour bound NOT to get involved with the "Hunt" in any way (just like the disclaimers for "regular" competitions on cereal promotions :D ). At times this was *very* difficult to do - but self-restraint is everything afterall..

Have many beers and fine wines in celebration of your well-deserved success my friend - rest assured that I wish your (my, as a member!) new forum evolves into an absolutely fantastic discussion board: I know it will..

And, don't forget [email protected], will you... (I simply couldn't resist!!:) )

G ;^))

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright Smirk how about filling the minions in on what all was going on with ID after our versions started shutting down. I would be interested in knowing what the final phrase was that unlocked it.

Congrats again!

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Indeed...

Cmon!! Spill it.

5. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I wish I knew the exact answer to that,..as it was not I that unlocked the final step.

But when the ID started to change,..the tension rose,...and we started trying everything and anything possible,..backwards, forwards, etc.

It was mind numbing for me.

6. gravtrittont

gravtrittont New Member

The hunters deserve to know. It would be nice also to see some pics of the rings

7. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Quite a voyage indeed. I showed up late in the game, yet was still just as enthralled and entertained as the ealiest members of the hunt. It truely was quite captivating. Heck, I even got to solve a few clues (surprising myself. heh.) as well. We truely do have a prize here, a wonderful gift and opportunity. It takes a lot to build a community, $, time, dedication. We are provided this place by the graciousness of ATS, so we MUST make use of it. Let our legend grow from here!

C.

8. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Team win

I am back now and am able to give ya the story. Well, this was very difficult. We knew that the answer had to be in English or ancient Sumerian. There were also a few questions on the exact wording/spelling. We were pretty much convinced that the words were truth, light and knowledge on this last day. Then, we guessed that is was either messenger or messengers. Now, since everything was ancient and the old clues mattered, we figured that the words may or may not be in ancient Sumerian.

Well, the day kicked off like any normal one for us captains. We came up with a plan of action as time was very short. We decided to make every combination in English and Sumerian as well as upper and lower case, with and without punctuation, reverse, and with and without spaces. As you can imagine, each one of these combinations has a possible value of 26 combinations.

Well, Smirkley and Zsandmann took the first shift and started to input. Seth came on and took over for Zsandmann, then I came on and took over for Smirkley. Everyone stayed up very late and tried to input as fast as they could. Well, needless to say, being in Japan I was finally left alone so the the others could take over for me while I got my break.

I just happen to be the lucky one that caught the right order. I would love to say we knew it exactly, but we did not. We knew the path to take and it just took a long time to hit all the possible combinations and styles. The whole team worked together on this as one from the beginning. We made 2159 entries in the site! Now, that is dedication.
    Well, enough of me speaking. The last entry inputted was:

RAKBU MMARU MUDUTU KANU

Everyone on the board gave such great advice and helped us along the way. I want to make sure that this site is dedicated to all the Hunters out there who are definitely ALL enlightened. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. The end of the hunt is the beginning of a new era for us. This site is dedicated to all of you. Give us a few days to get situated in our new home and roles. But, we already have some very exciting ideas planned.

9. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

And here I thought it would have been Klaatu Verata Nictou.

*Grabs chainsaw and leaves...*

C.