We are so large ...

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by oddtodd, Mar 9, 2005.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I keep losing threads that I want to comment on because they drop after a day . Could we get a "cummulative" post like ATS ? First 75 and so on ?

I think we are big enough now and would like to see a couple days posts at one time personally .

2. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Yes i like that Idea, we are getting a bigger community now

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I agree with you, cause I have to search as well to find something I posted when i think I have found something new to update it or what have you. There is always room to change.

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Id like to see this also. Also the upgradement of IgnoranceDenied to the latest version would be nice.;) (we're on an outdated version of XMB, 2 versions behind actually)

But I think Skeptic has been busy on ATS lately, with the chat incidents and everything.

It really wouldnt be too hard to do...theres already *mods* that exist that allow you to select posts from how ever many days ago that you want, and what type (ie, unanswered, ones you posted in, etc). Or, today.php could easily be modified to show 75 posts instead of 20 or whatever its at now.Id be more than happy to volunteer to do it (since im well acquainted with XMB), but since the admins dont even have access to the files, I dont see that happening.

[Edited on 9-3-2005 by DreamLandMafia]

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Im going to start propositioning (SP?) that doesnt look right, anyways, the ATS guys for at least one SuperAdmin account, we really need an update badly for security reasons at the least.

Z

6. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Yes, 1.9.1 RC2 (what ID is on at the moment) is insecure compared to XMB 1.9.1 Final, which has been out since October. And theres been small upgrades since then, so ID is actually bout 6 months out of date.

If you ever actually get it, be sure to ask me if you need any help with anything. Iv also recommended to Skeptic in chat that ID should be upgraded, but he said he probaly wouldnt until 1.9.2 came out, which is in PreAlpha right now.

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by DreamLandMafia]

7. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Sounds good DLM you helped me out a lot with the initial buils, I will definetly call on you again. One superadmin account at least would be fantastic, I think the captains deserve that at this point, this is an awesome site, in my opinion.

8. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I just refound this thread and agree totally that if I missed a day here I would lose a lot of posts.

9. pieman

pieman Premium Member

if i miss a day or two,i go to recent posts and change the number at the top of the page to three or four or whatever,low-tech but problem sorted!!

10. Malakai

Malakai Member

I hate it when I look for posts and can't find them aswell, it bothers me having to search.

If you need any help with anything to do with xmb you can just ask me if you like, I used to work for xmb the officials until I yelled at the management because of what they was doing to XMBXtreme at the time, whom I was also working for, long story.
    Besides I own my own xmb sites and I also own a xmb development site which produces hacks and themes for others and I am working on the spanish.lang.php for UltimaBB and XMB, oh and I do alot of work for and with Chrno.
    I can fix bugs and errors and security issues aswell.

I am actually working on 3 hacks/Mods at the moment which you admins may be interested in, for more information you can just u2u me.

[Edited on 7-11-2005 by Malakai]

[Edited on 7-11-2005 by Malakai]

11. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

" this is an awesome site, in my opinion"

Roger, copy that!

12. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Great idea! Can we do it?

Bleys

13. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I would like to see the words of a post in white.

Make it easier to read.

[Edited on 7-13-2005 by bodebliss]

14. pieman

pieman Premium Member

if you wish to change your color as bode has started doing, and i think i will, it is done as follows.

type{color=white} at the start of the text and {/color} at the end, changing { to [ and } to ], yeah :saint2:

[Edited on 7-13-2005 by pieman]

[Edited on 7-13-2005 by pieman]