Earth Science Volcanoes and Global Warming

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by junior_smith, Oct 2, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i read somewhere that all these volcanoes could be part of global warming, is this true?

2. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

no they contribute to global warming. The gas expeled by volcanoes is carbon dioxide and greenhouse gasses. they enter the atmosphere in large quanities and make global warming worse so to say. so naturally greenhouse gases are expeled into the atmosphere golbal warming is a natural process.

also after the ice age there was a increase in volcanic activity and that is what caused the earth to "melt" again. they expeled greenhouse gasses and warmed the earth enough to melt teh ice.

3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is also why the cause of global warming is under debate.

4. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

yea thats also somethin gi was going to say but it was just an educated guess and i didnt want to miss inform people.

also something that is strange about global warming that i dont get is that they say that we are loosing carbondioxide in teh atmosphere and vegation around the world is suffereing but yet tehy tell us at the same time global warming is happening becauase of an increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere?
    can someone mabye help explain this?