ID Lounge Valentines Day

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by kiwirobin, Feb 13, 2005.

1. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

source=http://www.infoplease.com/spot/valentinesdayhistory.html

2. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

can't valentines day just stand for love??
    Instead of all this money making co orperation nonsense.

3. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

It ain't money making if you don't spend money on it ice.
    Make your own card with one of your fab. poems, I'm 100% positive it will be more appreciated than a shop card.
    It shows that you care enough to make an effort for someone.
    Me I try to tell my friends and family I love then as much as I can.
    I've lost a few so have come to realise that next valintines may be too late.
    Lets live valentines day every day and spread the love.
    :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Hug at least one person every day!!!!!!

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:yes: I agree - boycott material items on Valentines Day and make it all about the ones you love.

Have a candlelight dinner with your kids. Put your true feelings on paper for your SO - let them know that you still get butterflies when you're with them. Give your wife a pedicure - draw your husband a bubble bath.

Make it a day to do little things for those you love.

B.

5. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Whether immaterial or material, it's the suprise factor that re-sparks the engine of relational grind.

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

But Bleys..... ok remove all the material things... So, no candles, no dinner, no nail file for the pedicure, and no bubbles for the bath....... :)

Yes, I know that is overboard...lol :lol::yes::lol::roll:

7. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Ok ya little smart #@!&% - no VD greetings for you.:p

I will simply be forced to look into the eyes of my beloved then and think nasty thoughts

Bleys

8. Ikebana

Ikebana Member

Nasty or Naughty? :saint2:

9. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Since this is the first Valentines I have had with someone, my wife, since my first wife back in 1991, I wanted this one to be special and original and my wife deserved it, cause it was her first time with someone since about my time as well. I had a ring made especially for her, 24k ring with a 1/4 carat diamond princess cut with ruby (birthstone/gemstone color) hearts on each side with diamond shavings wrapped around the hearts. Plus gave her a bracelt with XOXO's the O's are diamonds and a Diamond pendant, 15lb chocalate heart, box of creamy chocalates, 4 e-cards, 2 orginal cards made by me with poems by me, 4 dz red/wh mixed roses and when she woke, she woke to a bed full of rose petals. Just thought I shared that with you all, cause it was a wonderful day, beforehand I couldnt stand V-day...my wife makes all that more exciting.

10. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

that was incredibly romantic mscbkc070904 !

[Edited on 19-2-2005 by helenheaven]

11. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Thanks Helen...I wish I could have videotaped that morning...the look on her face...I meant to mention I placed this stuff on her while she slept...shes a hard sleeper, which is good...so she woke with the bracelet, pendant and ring on...