Chit Chat Two Girls in Court after spreading kindness.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mizar, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

A freind showed me this article last night and all I can say is I am toatly and utterly shocked.

Two youund girls decided one night to bake cookies for their nebighors. When dilivering the cookies one of the nebighors became frightned by the knockes at the door and had an anexity attack and has sued the two girls.

www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2691638,00.html]http:// www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2691638,00.html

2. tablet

tablet Premium Member

When we do kindness from our heart and someone shut it down like this, we will never be able to show our kindness again for fear of being attack.

But I think the reaosn why the couple sue this girl because it's an opportunity of a life time. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And second, I have a problem with this story because it's near Valenttine day. I sense that there's more to this story...

3. pantherlady39

pantherlady39 New Member

i agree with tablet their's got to be more to the story then their telling or saying.

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I got this from a forum through google searching. Apparently the link is down. A little strange. Looks like this lady can sue anyone that knock on her door at 10:30pm.

5. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Her phone hasnt stopped ringing, well too bad she brought this on herself...acts of kindness by people who care. Thanks for the story, my wife likes to do similar things for people, who need things...this is unbelievable...all for money...and if she is that scared of someone knocking on her door...i am sorry this blows my mind...she drove all the way to NM...it will probably come down to if you want to do things out of kindness, you must register and tell us where you will be operating and must pay a city fee to do it, that way if you scare someone, we can arrest you. WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP! I would appeal and sue her for the BS she put those girls thru and that community...basically taught that community, good deeds lead to getting sued, so do nothing or hell commit a crime, you will get away with it!

Sorry my 2 cents!

6. blueknight

blueknight New Member

The two girls actually got sued for medical bills incurred from an "anxiety attack", which amounted to $900. They lost, but the judge refused to award punitive damages and the freaky broad who get scared was only awarded $1.00. NewsRadio850KOA from Denver started a fund raiser for the girls and raised over $1,900 in about TWELVE hours! The girls were paid from the fund raiser for their legal bills and the rest they donated to charity. Seems that no good deed goes unrewarded after all!

Source: AM850 Newsradio, Denver.

7. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Well yeah the problem was eradicated by fund raising...however the principle of the matter is the issue at hand.

8. Al Vereco

Al Vereco Member

On the one hand, it's a shame that their good intentions indirectly caused the woman's anxiety attack, but I wouldn't say that they're responsible for it. On the other hand, it's a shame (and a bad reflection on society in general) that anyone could get so scared by a knock on the door. Personally I think the cops exacerbated the situation. I mean, seriously: a box of cookies and a "Have a great night" note, and they think it's some kind of psycho stalker?? What on earth do they make of letters through the door? Invasion of privacy??
    Seriously, though, no-one should have to be scared to answer the door. :no:

It's also a shame that peoples' first thought after something bad happens is to sue someone. Spilled coffee on yourself? Sue the cafe, or the coffee manufacturer! Crashed your car into a tree? Sue the car manufacturer, or the tree owner, or the guys who laid the asphalt! Seriously, how ridiculous are lawsuits gonna get?? :mad::(:dn:

9. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I agree with Al Vereco, once something bad happens to a person they see it as an opertunity to make some cash. Money really changes a person most times for the worst. :no:

10. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

That lady should GET A LIFE!!!!

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Oh. This happened last july. Boy, I better start putting on my 3d glass.

Now Let's us seriously look at this. Forget whose innocent or guilty. This lady decided to sued the two girl because she had to pay $1,400 for the hospital bill. Put yourself in her position - would you pay 1,400? Here's why she panic:

We heard this horrible banging on the door, like someone was trying to break it down....I ran upstairs and called out 'Who's there?' three or four times. But no one answered. When I looked out the window, there weren't any vehicles in sight. But I could see the silhouette of someone on the other side of the window. I got really scared.
    Wouldn't you be worry? You call out but no one answered. It would be different if the two girl didn't ran away... But they did.

Young said she was assaulted by one of her neighbors 15 years ago and thought the cookie incident might be related to that.
    I would definately be worry IF I had problem with neighbors in the past AND this door knocking happened. This lady was in a state of fear and therefore she didn't open the door to check (so she didn't see the cookie). However she called the deputies to check it out and they found the cookies with NOTE on it, but they didn't know what it mean(maybe they thought it was some kind of cryptic msg) and so they told the lady to stay in a motel that night - Which is another reason to worry! why suddenly "I" have to stay in the motel???

Finally she entered the hospital and once everything is done, 1,400$ was charged. IF it's not the money, she would not sue the girl. Don't blame the girl or the lady, blame the hospital.

That's my 0.0001 cent.

12. kickinit

kickinit New Member

are you freakin kidding me!!?

are you KIDDING ME??? i feel NO sympathy for that old lady! :dn: if you can't see the overwhelming BS in that #@!&% and bull story than you need to get checked in the head. and pay your own dmn hospital bill! horrible banging my but! they were 2 teenage girls out doing a good deed for their neighbors, they wouldn't bang horribly. and it's a nice deed, something they wanted to do without payment, or even the uncomfortable offer of payment that they'd reject anyway. they thought it would be cute and funny and NICE to do an anonymous FAVOR for their neighbors! the lady freaks out because of something that happened ONCE 15 years ago and spazzes out! if one of my neighbors assaulted me 15 years ago i wouldn't even remember it for one thing, and for another thing, i wouldn't relate it to a knock at my door and cookies on my porch! :lol: that lady's time has passed, she's old, everything probably scares her. if a knock on the door and cookies on her porch scare her, than i'd hate to be the guy who walks up to her in a store and asks her if she needs help finding something! i better have a 1k check ready if i do anyway!:lol: :lol:

if it wasn't for the money...she wouldn't have sued. if it wasn't for her age and INSANITY! she never would have had a spaz attack! it's her own dmn fault that she spazzed out, and i don't think the two girls (who by the way didn't freak out ANY of the other neighbors) should be held responsible.

if anything:
    i think that the old lady should have to pay those girls a sum of money for time spent in court, mental anguish (doing a nice deed and getting sued, kids at school making a big deal about it (if any did), having to go through court), and anything else they can round up on that hag.

i'm freakin glad that girls didn't have to spend any of their own money! and why is that husband calling and harrassing the girls father!!?? can they sue the father for a bunch of BS? or is a restraining order all those psycho stalker girls deserve!?

look at it however you will. but put yourself in they old womans position, and you die from insanity and than sue God for making you crazy...put yourself in the girls position and you're given a lot of Hell for giving a lady some cookies. i'm out :cool:

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

It saddens me to see what happens when capitalism runs out of control, i know not everyone is like that, but sueing people seems to be the norm.

14. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Ya know what they say,"No good deed goes unpunished".