Titles and forum ideas

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by junior_smith, Sep 24, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i have a few ideas,

as this is a website based on the foundations of truth, and the search for truth i thought we could have a philosiphy fourm.

secondly, in ATS there are titles such as fighter, writer, and scholar. I know that we are trying to be diferent from ATS but would it be ok to have these such titles?

2. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I don't know if ID would have a philosophy room as it might be seen by some as a non truth based forum, a bit like conspiricies which ID is trying to avoid as they're trying to be different from ATS

And about the titles have a look here.
    http://www.ignorancedenied.com/faq.php?page=misc#3
    (But It's best if someone who knows a lot more than me gave you a better answer)

P.S did I send this message already?

3. junior_smith

yeah, i was aware that as you post more you get a different title, but i was thinking more like the title you recieve if you win game master, but a title for researching or what ever forum.

you are right about that philospiphy forum, it could be seen as religious flaunting. the way i saw it more as socrates or plato, but i guess those days are gone :(

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Rank is an interesting ways of getting people to be more active. More interesting if they can customize
    their own. (a psychology trick that will works)

Philosophy can be divided into subjective and objective. We can discard the subjective part and study the
    objective, the logic part.

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I would personally think that the most of the philosphy can ge placed in one of the forums we have. If you wonder about our place in the universe, post it in astronomy. If you wonder about how a bunch of molecules can glump together and create a human and make them think, then biology. It seems most philisophical questions can be placed somewhere.

Titles... well, I would love to customize them for everyone... uhhh...NOT!!! ha ha ha But, we do not have the resources as ATS has to the code. Plus, they are pros in this area as well. We need to keep it simple for now. Maybe something for the future though.

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Ironically , string theory wich has no observable or experimental proof is having trouble being considered a science as of yet . When something is all thought and conjecture with no observable evidence( such as philosophy , string theory , the concept of god , life on Uranus and such) then the truths are open to many iterpretations instead of an agreed set of facts .

7. junior_smith

Maybe JcMin, there are question that science does not have the answer too, i know as this is a knowledge based webiste we like to have things in the black and white but it is possible that there are things that science cannot answer.

i also thnk there are other types of philosphy that do not pretain to astronomy or biology.

i love string theory for this, thnking about string theory stretches my mind the same way that philsophy does, especially the arument about 11 dimensions instead of only 4.