Lit & The Arts three stories merge into one

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by junior_smith, Apr 12, 2005.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

can anyone think of literature sort of pre 1990 that revolves aroudn three or two or more seperate storeis merging together to become one

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

there must be a few...

is Lord of the Rings three separate stories that merge or a trilogy ? ( I haven't read the books)

And, why do you ask ? We're not doing your homework again are we ? ;)

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, or do you mean a plot with different groups which keep switching back and forth until they meet?

4. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

no this is to settle a bet. and yes.

5. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Just off hand...

I am thinking of Austen's Sense and Sensibility. Probably the oldest example I can think of.

The storyline of Eleanor and her love for a man who is promised to another. The Colonel who is seeking his long lost child. Eleanor's sister's beau who disappears to London mysteriously. All end up being intertwined with one another and merging into a huge climax.

Are you going to split the winnings?

B.

6. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I loved the Lord of the Rings and read it 6 times. I am no literary officianado , but I say it has several story lines that all cross at the end . The story of the half-elven , the story of the Ring, the story of hobbits, the story of man's rise and the decline of elves and dwarves and there may be others. Such as the dif twix good and evil.