Chit Chat This Is A Good ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

or just give the plane a parachute?

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

good idea ! but it's probably to expensive when airline companys have acceptable human loss of life written into thier budgets...:dn:

4. mscbkc070904

hmmm true....but hey better than being sued by all the families and going belly up...

5. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:mad: Bean counters!!!!

I'll try and find the article but I remember a documentary about a plane crash. The whole reason the plane crashed was because the airline was increasing the amount of flight hours between the servicing a single part. The bean counters figured that the savings from delaying the service would still be significant even if there was a crash AND they got their butts sued off.

I hate bean counters - there should be no acceptable loss of life or a monetary value affixed to it.

B.

6. mscbkc070904

Yeah well those bean counters probably dont fly and they are not there where the part is and dont see how the parts are worked and so forth...I say, take the bean counters put them all in a plane that has over worked parts and let them fly across country....bet you over 50% will say hell no I am not getting on that plane.

But of course thats living a perfect world...

7. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

If flying planes was safe it wouldn't be fun anymore.
    Anyway your more likely to slip on the soap in the shower and break your neck.