this forum and ATS - what's the diff?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by tablet, Sep 2, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

this forum and ATS - what\'s the diff?

Hi there. I'm new.

What's the difference between this forum and the one at ATS?

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

ATS is a site dedicated to conspiracy theory and ID is about truth, facts, and the gaining of knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

We are trying to deal with all the Sciences and things in life that will help make you learn, make your life better, and hopfully help you advance the world in your own special way. Our goal is to make this a positive Website. We will not post the news, unless it is scientific in nature.

There is alot of negative stuff in the news. We want to make this a user friendly site to come and research things that interest them without having to worry about being ridiculed. This is a learning forum for people seeking knowledge.

But, one thing... we are very interchangeable with ATS.
    Lets take StemCell Research as an example. Now, there are many people interested in Stem Cell Research...... Ok, if you posted it on ATS, you are likely to have arguments on Ethics maybe religion, and conspiracies. Now, if you are just interested in the Science, you will have to wade through all of that and hope someone posts something that you like. Well, here we are not in the business of the conspiracy side and do not touch the Ethics of things to too much extent. So, you would bring your interest in Stem Cell Research and hash it out here in a Scientific Arena. Now, after you have satisfied yourself on the Science, then you may want to take some of this information and go back to ATS to work out the Social, Ethical, or religous ideoligy. Or.. Even the opposite... you may have first heard of StemCell Research on the ATS side and decided that you are interested in it, then you can come over here for the serious research.

This is just one example and I am sure you can think of many others yourself.

4. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Take the blind taste test. You will find this site is just a little bit sweeter and more pleasing. ;)

C.

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Welcome aboard Tablet! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

What's the difference between this forum and the one at ATS?
    The difference is that you exist here. Not at ATS. Time is about to be unfold. I'm in the future right now.

6. black hawk

black hawk Premium Member

this is more facts, and ats is more consp.

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I saw it coming so decided to bump this thread up ahead of time which was Last night. I'm really from the future.

Welcome again Tablet and Black Hawk!

8. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

hehe, welcoming your old self there tablet?

Yes, as everyone said, we are more knowledge & facts instead of conpiracies and theories.

We fit together with ATS well, dontcha think? :)

---pineapple

9. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

Does anyone else foresee a strong division of members between the 4 sites now? I know that I personally just don't have the time to be serious about all 4 and if I'm not serious about something I usually end up not bothering at all.

10. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

well thats the point right? to give each member a niche that fills their interests.

11. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

you must pick one of the4...sounds like something this site came out of ;)

---pineapple