Chit Chat This Coffee Tastes Funny...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drlau, Nov 8, 2004.

1. drlau

drlau Premium Member

From Ananova

There are just too many bad jokes that apply here. Write your own, as long as it does not contain "This tastes like..."

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Yes I saw a show about Kopi Luwak on Food Network. Seems disgusting at first but mind you all the civit does is digest the berry flesh, the bean is unaltered, so why does this taste different to them than normally prepared coffee beans from the same plants? Perhaps the enzymes in the civits digestive tract add flavor.

Ummmm! Good to the last drop...ping!

3. drlau

drlau Premium Member

Z, I saw the same one! I think the idea was that the civit will eat only the most perfectly ripened berries. Or something like that.

You are correct: the enzymes in the animals' stomachs appear to add something unique to the coffee's flavor through fermentation.

Nice job on the write your own joke... :lol:

4. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Now people in europe will be kissing the ground on which a civit has walked...:lol:

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Scary, but not scary than Fear Factor.

You know one of those thing where you put meat into (bottle) and then spin it so it cut the meat into smaller and smaller pieces? Well, on one of fear factor show people have to drink rat meat!!!!!!!!

They put big rat (not small one) with hair/fur all over the body (disgusting) and then put it into the thing and spin it as you watch. Then put it into each cup.

Each contesten have to drink it.

This show is 100% disgusting and it's out to disgust everyone.

6. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

well this just comes down to culture...

In Africa it is common to eat ants and a variety of other bugs

here in NZ we eat huhu bugs and mountain oysters (lamb testicles)

In parts of asia they eat cats

Some people eat horse

Japanes and Finnish eat whale...

[Edited on 15-11-2004 by helenheaven]

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I agree. Where I came from people eat dog. Basically anything that is eatable.

Helen, do you have access to Fear Factor show? Cause you haven't seen nothing yet. :D

8. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I have watched the Fear Factor, it is a show I would love to go on. I'm not really afraid of anything.

The only thing that really would worry me would be being kept in a confined space in the dark, like one I saw where they were buried alive, I couldn't handle that!!!

I threw myself off a bridge once.....was connected to a long bungy thou!

9. tuxnt

tuxnt New Member

now this coffee doen taste like sh*t
    see i told you