Puzzles & Games Thirsty - Solved by Freelance

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Icewolf, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

A man dies of thirst in his home, how?

[Edited on 8-12-2004 by Icewolf]

2. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

He doesn't have any liquid.

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, wrong!

4. /Future Corpse/

Seriously, there has got to be more then just that information. It could be just about anything.

No liquid.

Thirst is the name of his murderous roommate.

A freak ice storm freezes his doors/exits shut and all the fausets.

His mouth disappeared so he can't drink.

The prostitute tied him down and left with his money without doing the deed and he can't drink anything.

Throw us a bone!

5. /Future Corpse/

Oh wait! Is it suppose to be a trick question? If he dies from thirst then he actually dies from dehydration. Is that what you are looking for?

6. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

no, it's obvious your new here, when I pose a riddle it means you need to read the question and find the answer remove the illogical
    and whatevers left is the answer. (unless i say it ain't)
    If you have any questions ask Z he nearly had a nervous breakdown with my last one.

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Its not obvious he is new. I dont get this either. It seems we dont have enough information to solve this, although that is probably not the case.

---pineapple

8. Freelance

Freelance New Member

Was the man's home a boat? Was he in the middle of the ocean (only salt-water) and he couldn't figure out how to distill it into fresh water or he drank the salt water increasing his dehydration?

He could also live in the middle of the desert or his well could have gone dry.

Are any of these answers the one you were looking for?

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Yes, they are, The man was poor old chap who got lost at sea, Unfortunately his only comfort was a radio which repeatedly played
    "I'm singing in the rain" followed by "It's raining men"

10. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

P.S pineapple it is obvious he's new as his sign up date was written beneath his name, (joke btw)

11. AD5673

AD5673 Member

he's...stupid?

12. Mevans

Mevans New Member

Ok, I just want to intervene on this one. There are plenty of ways that this could logically take place. Maybe he fell and hurt himself, making it impossible to get to water. Maybe he was in the ocean like you say. Maybe he had a severe case of the stomach flu. Maybe he was held hostage, tied up, and not given water. All of these scenerios are just as possible as the "boat" scenerio with the information that was provided.

You say, "remove the illogical and whatevers left is the answer". What is illogical about any of those? They all have a logical process ending in death by lack of water. Yet you criticize this person for being new because he answers your question by saying he needs more info??? For being stupid??? You have heard the riddle that you posted somewhere before. So more than likely, you intentionally left some information out because the people in here are too intellligent for this riddle otherwise. If you didn't know, then you are the one who could be "obviously new in here". If you look at what possibilities you left open, then you might feel that way your self. The way the question was originally worded as a riddle, and should have been worded this time...to make your answer sensible was like this:

"A man died in his house from thirst, yet there was water all around. How?"

You didn't ask it that way though.

There is only ONE true answer to your question as you asked it. It might sound silly, but it fits every scenerio that is just as possible as the one you were looking for. By our standards, the man died slowly. Slowly is the only description that fits your question in all cases, well that is slowly by our standards.

13. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

A very good point Mevans. I would have to agree with you on just about all your points.

And welcome to ID

---pineapple

14. Mevans

Mevans New Member

Why thank you! I noticed it about a month ago as one of the tabs in Above Top Secret. I just now got around to saying something. By the way, I am sorry for being so straightforward in my previous post.

15. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, I always pick riddles with many answers just to get people to try and work out the one I want.