Metaphysics Thinking vs. Action

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by _Angel_1991, Mar 5, 2005.

1. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Philosophy is great, but I was looking at above top secret and I realized that while a lot of people profess to be denying ignorance, they hold to common stereotypes. So here is my question: when does thinking become obsolete without action, and when is thinking more improtant than acting on the thought?

2. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

When it's an ill concieved thought, maybe?

When it is too dangerous for you to act, maybe?

Ya gotta think.

3. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

It is never too dangerous to act, for all you can lose is your life.

4. TruthBringer

TruthBringer Premium Member

i think that you must do even amounts of thought and action because if u just go ahead and act without thinking there will be trouble and if you jus sit there thinking about doing something it will never get done

Yours, Truth

5. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Well, there's no arguing that,.....that is until you've something to life for.

6. overrocked

overrocked Premium Member

James 1:22

Be ye doers of the Word, not just readers of it. that's the jist of it anyhoo. Not exactly quoted......

You have to be able to transform the knowledge into energy. Brain food can be digested and useful, but there's always gonna be some 'waste'

Most of college is regurgitating what you have just learned in the last week. The pace is too fast to really contemplate most of what you are tested on. Read that same textbook 20 years later at a slower pace, when you need to apply the knowledge and it can be useful. But college can at least expand your mind. Think about the collateral knowledge learned by going to the moon. Some benefits are overlooked.

Duality- is the glass half empty or half full. Or does it always have some liquid in it, and the rest is perception. Nothing versus empty.