ID Lounge The wow signal

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

anyone care to exlpain that phenomenon, i don't see how it could hsave existed unless i got the story wrong.

P.S could someone explain exactly what it is?

2. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Could you guys tell me a little more about what is going on? I am at a computer where i cant download anything, including pdf files.

---Pineapple

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I am at a computer where i cant download anything, including pdf files.
    WOW!!!! Really?

So, is this about white noise/alien???

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Basically it was a signal which came from space which was not random and seemed to show signs of extra terrestrial intelligence but junior could explain it better

6. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

I've also heard something similar to this. A repetitive series of radio signals that was picked up in the mid 70's.
    There was the usual stories surrounding it rangeing from the coming of christ to the destruction of life as we know it by L.G.M.
    One ,what I thought, was a more reasonable explination was that it was an amplified section of randon niose.
    If you look a something chaotic with enough magnification you will find order. If you then look deep enough into the order you may find chaos.
    The theory was that they probably picked up a violent radio burst from deep space and were tuned into a frequencie which picked up Just the right piece to give the apparence of order or pattern.
    Havn't heard of it happening again so as much as I'd like it not expecting to beam up in the near future.
    Sorry I can't remember where I read about it, probably an old issue of scifi.