Metaphysics The Spirit Within

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by tablet, Apr 2, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Where I came from we believe in spirits, that once we die we travel into another dimension, we believe in karma and reincarnation. I happened to grew up living out of this belief system and accept more of what science say and label all this spirit talk nonsense.

“Be good because you don’t want to come back as a rabbit or a butterfly in your next life.”

I’m always puzzled by that, how on earth can I come back as a butterfly? What makes people think that? The answer is of course, Spirit. IF we believe that human are spiritual, that there’s a spirit living inside each and everyone of us, then we must also reason and believe that there’s a spirits in all animals and living things.

I’m sure we all been through this, having a blank look on our face… looking at nowhere and enters our own mind and ask “Why are we here?” What makes my arm works? What makes me walk? It gets deeper and deeper then we come to believe that there’s a spirit, science call it “consciousness.”

Do you believe in spirit? What are your thought on this?

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Speaking strictly from a \"what if\" perspective.

If a soul can be confirmed in humans - how do we verify a soul in an animal? As a human I can rationalize that consciousness is the same as a soul, but how is that confirmed in an animal. How do we tell the difference between reaction to stimuli and consciouness of thought?

Reincarnation holds a certain appeal to me - gives me immortality without the boredom of being stuck on a cloud somewhere. The belief that I can come back as different beings but still remain inherently the same is an exciting prospect. It also provides me with an opportunity to do it better this time around.

My mind tells me that consciousness is a temporary state, the result of an evolutionary process. My heart, my arrogance tells me that it is something more that cannot be silenced. At least that is my hope.

B.

3. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

"Do you believe in spirit?"

I, for mmwa, have cofirmed, despite PS#9 teachings, that:

I am spirit !

And if you too confirm this for yourself, you will see in all life the spirit within.

exteriorization...

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Ok heres a thought everyday people eat and they use that energy on daily choires and such, so u get energy (by eating, breathing, whatever) then us it and get more and so on. But say suddenly you are shot. What happens to the energy u didn't use? Energy can not be created or destroyed right? And your consciousness is that not just a heaping pile of thoughts being powerd, what happens to that when you die? Were does all that energy end up?But I just don't know, maby there is reincarnation? Or maby the energy forms to something we won't even think of. But once your dead will it really matter?

5. Ape

Ape Premium Member

So maby your "soul" is just the energy keeping u alive? But what about those people that say they can leave there bodies? Whats that called?.............

6. bodebliss

Your first post is your wishful thinking that there is nothing more out there than you are already aware of. It would of course save you work if that were the truth, but I know otherwise.

As explained in these prior musings

http://www.ignorancedenied.com/viewthread.php?tid=564

you read it then and wrote partly there in.

"Whats that called?............."

Exteriorization

7. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Energy is your body is stored chemically, when you die these chemicals break up and return to the earth as potential energy.

(from a science standing)

Hope this helps
    - Ice -

8. Ape

Ape Premium Member

WELL THANKS FOR RUINING MY THEORY ON THE AFTER LIFE!!! :mad:
    J/K:roll:

9. bodebliss

Exteriorization

It is available to all that would wish to drink from this lake, but of course the lake is on a high mountain by a little used torturous path that few brave to tread.

A song by Train called Drops of Jupiter comes to mind here. There's a verse that goes, "plaino-chango sorry about a man who was too afraid to fly so he's never been there"

The way I see 'normals' 'round-heads' is they are so afraid of losing that they have already lost. When I talk to them, it's like they are afraid that as we talk their feet are leaving the ground and they won't be able to get back from Oz. It is so funny!

Read this post that starts w/ "Yeah Ed"
    http://politics.abovetopsecret.com/thread121201/pg3

10. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Well, have any of you seen the movie City of Angels with Nicholas Cage (is that the name?) It gives us a rather interesting view of mortality and how you can go from being an angel to being a human. However, I beieve your life is your only chance. I am rather religious. I also think life and love are so exciting and I never want it to end. HOWEVER, I must realize that after sme time we want rest, the same way you want to go to sleep at night even if the day was exciting.

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

The reason why I’m separating spirits and consciousness here is because I want you to think of as two separate things. When we hear the word “spirit” we think more of outside, external. Whereas upon hearing the word “consciousness” we think more of inside, inside this earth and inside of science. Spirits = Dynamic and Consciousness = Static?

If a soul can be confirmed in humans - how do we verify a soul in an animal?
    We are animals, the difference between us and them is that we’ve evolved. Therefore our spirits are greater. IF spirits is not the word here, then let’s call it “consciousness”.

How do we tell the difference between reaction to stimuli and consciousness of thought?
    Good question, haven’t really thought about this. Hope someone here have an answer while I’m pondering about it.

The only problem I have with all this spirit talk is “conception” how does a spirit enters it?

There was a documentary on the living sun (forgot the exact title) by David Suzuki in there he stated that we are all “Sun”, each and everyone of us on planet earth is releasing energy constantly, we are constantly burning (just like our sun). It was a great document.

12. bodebliss

It's not that hard to do if you know how. You just look at them with your third eye and see them within they're form. If you can do that, you don't have to ask the question. If you have to ask, the answer will always escape you.

It all goes back to, you can't create higher consciousness, you have to be it.

13. Bleys

Bode - explain more about this whole third eye thing. I'm genuinely curious. How does one go about developing it?

B.

14. bodebliss

Hi Bleys,

For the most part, people believe you have to be all there to perceive all of that which is there, but if you are all there you will neglect to use those abilities that are nowhere and everywhere.

This might answer some questions and create others:

http://www.yogi.com/Teach/third_eye.html

I am gifted w/ such sight from birth, so I don't know how to develop it or how to enhance it.

You might cipher something from this site:

"Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. "

http://www.strayreality.com/Lanis_Strayreality/thirdtyepinealgland.htm

[Edited on 4-30-2005 by bodebliss]

15. bodebliss

I should say gifted and cursed w/ such sight from birth. In another time, I'm sure by now I would have been burned at the stake for my abilities to see that which can not be seen, and know that which can not be known.

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. My own experiences in this realm, some I have already shared, the majority of these experiences I have not, and will not share. It is very difficult, in most cases, to share my understanding of the view at the top of the ladder w/ those who will not put their foot to the first rung.

16. Bleys

:saint2:

Thanks for the links Bode. Can you tell me more about the subtle body or suksham sharir? Is it spirit or or an expanded consciousness?

Bleys

17. bodebliss

Oh, I will act as an interpreter of Mr. Yogi's writings. (hand up) Pick Me! Pick Me!

Though I am not a follower of any particular regimen when I looked around I was amazed to find Mr. Yogi had wrote it in a plain manner.

"Secondly, when you are seeing through physical eyes, you are seeing through physical body. Third eye is not part of physical body; but subtle body (suksham sharir). That's why physiology cannot believe that there is an existence of third eye."

What he is saying is you will not see with the "Third Eye" your subject if you look at them or it direct on with your physical eyes, but if instead you focus your seeing thru the "Third Eye" you will begin to see things in a much different light. You will see the spirit within!

Now how do you do just that? Well with your eyes open, avert them from your subject and flow your vision through your forehead, as you talk to the other person or concentrate on the other being(a pet , or wild animal) you will be in contact: you to the other's soul(life) center(It's ok to occasionally glance at the other being while doing this).

After a time of doing such exercises, when you talk to others or see animals, you will see their spirits flitting around inside their form or in and out of their form, even if you are not concentrating(so to speak) on doing this. It is a wonder to behold. This is the "Third Eye" the article pertains to. Also you will become telepathic w/ some and psychic for yourself and others. Usually this will be those near and dear to you.

18. Bleys

:cheers:

I think I understand what you're saying. Fascinating stuff. So do you believe that people can develop this or do you believe that you must be born with it?

Bleys

19. bodebliss

Of the part that reads, 'Are people born full knowing or must they reveal themselves to themselves a layer at a time' , Bode is not sure, but it would seem that this is the case.

People are spirits. What happens is people are susceptible and resusceptible.

At early ages in their sojourn(conception to age of early reasoning), they are easily influenced by their family(cult) environment. Let's say the tone level(I use this, as it is a good measure. There are levels above this scale,but they are only temporary if you still have a body(eg.:ecstacy) http://www.fzaoint.net/tonescale.html ) of a certain beings upbringing is one of fear and anger. This being w/o outside intervention will try to recreate this when this being is on it's own.

These new or retread spirits(us) can be led or have beat into them all kinds of nasty premises. I am a criminal, I am a warrior, I am a religioso, I must not look behind the curtain, etc. When they years later leave the place of their imbibing activity(hive). They are set to recreate that which they are familiar with. This leads often to serial twistedness(aberation) generation-generation and can even be beat into whole societies(wartime: Germany, and Japan). This is a major obstacle to personal freedom, and is very hard to overcome alone.

Bodied spirits will only go so far, usually till they hit some embedded no-no and then stop and reverse. It is understandable, you know. If your mother isn't Shirley MacLaine, you will have to free yourself.

I can tell you that I have never run across anyone who did not have some innate ability(whether they knew it or not). There is a great resistance in most human beings to the fact of their true nature(denial). I accept that it is not of their own doing, but if after they are beyond the immediate influence of their parents they don't start to look at what they are doing to themselves w/ this charade, I tend to shift blame and so do you(though maybe not as far as I). I return now to a statement in an earlier post on another thread, 'Everyone is where they want to be', and maybe when their current lives end they will come to the realization that they were spirits all along. This will only suffice if they don't go and destroy this platform(Earth) in the interim.

I would hope that the whole of the denying human race would exteriorize so we could normalize this planet once and for all, but it will take time. In exteriorization, you get beyond those chains that your family put on you at an early age and when that happens they can no longer be as potent or confining or real as once they were. You are finally yourself as you were meant to be. I wish this for everyone.

Hope this helps.

20. Bleys

It does and I appreciate all the effort you went to in explaining this to me.

Thank you,
    Bleys