ID Introduction The obligatory moderator introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself @ ID' started by amantine, Sep 3, 2004.

1. amantine

amantine Premium Member

To be honest, I usually think introductions are pretty useless. However, since I will now moderate here, I feel obliged to introduce myself somewhat.

Some may know me from ATS, where I am FSME (Forum Subject Matter Expert) for the Science & Technology. I will moderate the forums with similar subjects here. I'll strive to be fair and honest.

My avatar for this forum will be, for the moment, the best (in my opinion) picture of James Joyce ever. I mean, he has a white suit, a cool beard/mustache combination and an eye-patch! If anyone knows when this was taken, I would be glad to hear from you. My personal guess is Paris, around 1935, but I'm not sure.

2. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Welcome amantine. Its nice to have someone of your expertise and intelligence to help keep the place ship shape, as well as add to the content. May I ask what you do for a living, etc? You seem like a very interesting, well-travelled individual. BTW, here is a link with some photos. All in all, not a bad site for James Joyce.

Enjoy! And thanks for being here to help us out in our infancy. Peace!

C.

3. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Hey amantine!

Welcome to IgnoranceDenied...where you are among your own kind...Denyers of Ignorance!

4. amantine

amantine Premium Member

It is a picture from this series, in 1925:

I am a student of the school for ages 12-18, which corresponds to high school in the USA. I'll probably go to university next year to do what I think will be a double bachelor of mathematics and physics (the basis for a theoretical physics master degree).

5. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

welcome aboard

6. phantompatriot

phantompatriot New Member

hey! let me ask though do you apply to moderate or do the captains choose you because i would love to moderate a site like this . moderating ats would be to much work so i owuldnt like that. but being a mod here would be fun.

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

phantompatriot

the faq section say
    so u2u one of the four to find out if you can be one. Course, I've heard the fastest way to not become a mod is to ask, so think before you send.

---pineapple