Chit Chat The Lady who put her dog in the microwave

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by junior_smith, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. junior_smith

    junior_smith Premium Member

    there is a story about a lady who took her dog for a walk.
    when they were out it snowed and the dog got very cold.
    when the woman came home she put her dog in the microwave to warm him up, she had done this many times. but this time instead of setting the timer for 3 minutes she set it for 30 minutes, needless to say the dog exploded/ imploded (not sure how it would work with a microwave).

    is this an urban legend? my dad says he saw it on the news, but i have a fishy feeling its an urban legend
     
  2. pineappleupsidedown

    pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

    Although this is an urban legend, there actually have been cases of it happening, weither its ignorant individuals or others trying to prove the story true.

    The Whole Earth Review(fall 1895) had a coverstory on cooked poodles and other urban legends. So if your dad recently heard it on the news, you can tell him its been an urban legend at least since 85.

    Sometimes a person can be telling an urban legend and it can be printed in the newspaper as true. In Cape Town, South Africa, this happened on May 6, 1988. An auctioneer told this cat story(it was a cat then, not a dog) as an icebreaker, and the local newsreporter who was at the auction published it as news.

    ---pineapple

    (Some information taken from Brunvand's "Too Good to Be True")
     
  3. UK Wizard

    UK Wizard New Member

    I've heard this story repeated quite often, and too my surprise i saw the story reported on a program about legal cases that were/are crazy.

    The person on the TV program tried to sue the microwave company because the microwave didn't state that 'pets' shouldn't be put in the microwave.

    Thankfully the person lost the case.
     
  4. pineappleupsidedown

    pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

    and THAT, my friends, is why there are SO many warning labels on everything.

    ---pineapple
     
  5. Zerinity

    Zerinity New Member

    :bnghd: What has our world coming to. People have really tired this? You have to be joking.:bnghd:

    *Z*
     
  6. elizabeth

    elizabeth New Member

    When my brother was young he tried to dry a wet shirt he wanted to wear
    in a microwave and it caught on fire. :lol: Boy it
    stunk and we did'nt let him hear the end of it for
    a long time.
     
  7. Bloodlust

    Bloodlust New Member

    people are sick thes days :spam:
     
  8. That is hillarious:pbjtime:
     
  9. oortpower

    oortpower Member

    I think everybody has done something stupid with a microwave, like i entirely carbonized a turkey leg once but that person rwould have to be really stupid. You would think the collars metal parts would arc and catch the poor dog on fire. I once did some bread like that, but I forgot to remove the twist tie so it arced and burnt.
     
  10. mscbkc070904

    mscbkc070904 Premium Member

    When my brother was young he tried to dry a wet shirt he wanted to wear

    I have to admit I have done that before when the dryer broke, I even tried the oven to dry it. Didnt work all it did was make it more wet and extremely hot. I was in a rush.

    But yeah I heard about the dog/microwave deal. I wander though, if that was so true, how radiated the insides of that dog were.
     
  11. kiwirobin

    kiwirobin Premium Member

    This was also tested by Mythbusters ( see thread on tanning beds )
    Their results proved that the dog probably didn't explode by would have had severe heat burns and quite possibly died from these.
    Contrary to popular belief a microwave does not cook from the inside out, I don't know where that idea came from.
    The microwaves excite the fluid mollecules in whatever your trying to cook, this encreased movement of the particles creates friction wich causes the heating effect.
    Try putting a steak in the M.W. for abit and then cut it open, you'll find that the inside is still raw.
    Anyway tastes much better of the barbque.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pyroboy4206

    pyroboy4206 Aka that guy Premium Member

    Stupid lady putting an animal in the nuker. A few years ago, my girlfriend's mom dropped the toilet paper roll in the toilet when changing it and decided to put it in the microwave for a few minutes to dry it out. I came upstairs from playing pool in the basement, and I was about to go to the bathroom when I came upstairs to a black wall, smokey bathroom, and burning toilet paper roll!!! At first we thought she went completely bonkers and tried to burn the house down, but then she told us what happened. I kinda feel bad but I wasn't worried much, I just went and put it out lol. So lesson learned, do not put wet toilet paper in the microwave!!
     
  13. Derek

    Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

    I am confused... did the roll start on fire after she re-hung it in the bathroom or in the microwave? 'cause you said the bathroom was smokey with a black wall... :puz:
     
  14. pyroboy4206

    pyroboy4206 Aka that guy Premium Member

    Yeah, she told me she took the roll out of the microwave and it seemed to have dried out, so she put it on the holder and shut the door. I came upstairs and the bathroom was all black on the wall and the roll was on fire, she had not noticed it. I am assuming that it started on fire while it was in the bathroom, it didn't seem like she put it in the room while it was on fire!!


    So I am pretty sure it started on fire after it was rehung, but I am assuming the microwave is what got it smothering. I expect that it dried out enough to start on fire after it was in the bathroom for a little while. Lol idk, go soak a roll of crap paper in water and nuke it. It will be a cool science project... see how long it takes to start on fire lol!!
     
  15. Derek

    Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

    Hmmm, I may have to try that.... outside of course. ;)
     
    • Funny Funny x 1