ID Introduction The hunt, and adopt me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself @ ID' started by Icewolf, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Hi i'm new and want to get to know this site. I found it by accident one day and am hooked now, i especially would like to know if anyone could explain the hunt to me coz it sounded soo kool. Thx anyways,
    Mick

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Hi Icewolf and welcome to ID.com! The captains are the four admin for the site, Smirkley, Seth Bullock, JCMinJapan, and myself. We won the hunt game on ATS our parent site and won this forum. We are still building the site and hope there is something for everyone here, Cinderloft is the mod in charge of the introductions forum and I am sure they will find someone to adopt you and show you around.

Z Out

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

thx for your help, what are captains?

4. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Also I was in the brainteaser section there and everybody was talkin about encryption and "anylising files from pictures" care to shed any light on that subject anyone?

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

captains are the same as administrators, we run the board.

Im uncertain about the file analysis thing but maybe someone else can help you out.

6. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

welcome aboard icewolf, idf you've got any questions just ask, and if you want a parent i will help you

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Same here, Any time you need help feel free to U2U me. (or post it here if you havent figured out the U2Uing system).

The Hunt:

Abovetopsecret.com is a conspiracy site(not sure how you stumbled across ID.com so ill give extra details, so forgive me if some of this is old news) that I, and mostall the moderators from here are members of.

ATS held a "find the rings game" in which Simon (the creator of ATS) recieves a note from his uncle about these four rings that, if they got in the wrong hands, could mean the end of the world.

All the rings were hidden online, and we were given clues as to their whereabouts. Whoever found the online ring was also mailed an actual ring. these four were Smirkley, JcmInJapan, Seth Bullock, and Zsandmann. They are now refered to as the Captains, as you can see in the intro section.

Orginally ID.com was a site that held some of the final clues, but is now what you see today, and the domain ID.com is the grand prize the four captains recieved.

*sciencey echoy voice* NOW YOU KNOW....

---pineapple

8. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

thx alot, erm wots U2U

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

User 2 User?

Find a member and click on u2u. A windows will pop-up with options allowing you to send a private msg to the specific member.

10. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

And to check your reply click the sign that says "YOU HAVE 1 NEW U2U" in the top right corner, over by your name. That sign will only be there if you have a reply, obviously

---pineapple

11. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

I will adopt you icewolf. Welcome to the board.

12. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Hey there,

Welcome to the Board. I hope you enjoy it. There are tons of things to teach and keep you distracted for a long time. :)

The rings, Well, it started out as a letter of help from Simon of Above Top Secret. His uncle had asked for his help as 4 ancient rings that controlled something were in jeopardy of being stolen. These rings had special words in them that could control something. There were 4 keepers of the rings, they were known as 1, 2, 3, and 4. Well, Simons Uncle and how this got started was 0. He was not a keeper of the rings, but sort of their boss. Well, 5 (Hendoraki Cromeline), seemed to betray them and instead of helping, he was an agent for the Hammurabi. Once found out, the rings were hidden deep in the world. Once on-line, one in London, one is New York, and one in Sydney. Well, we found the on-line one just barely before 5 did. But, from the clues discovered, he was able to steal the last three rings. He flew all over the world and confiscated them. Well, that is about when Cerberus came knocking on the front door. He was taunting 5 on-line and helping us out with bits of info he found. Well, after stealing the rings, 5 was banned and Cerberus went after 5. Now, 5 hid the rings on-line for the Secret courier of the Hammurabi to find. At that time, Cerberus broke into 5s loft in NY and searched around only to come up with not too much information. Well, Needless to say, from this point we were led to every place you could imagine on the Internet. Mine was found among the swirls, but you had to be clever and be logged off, then find it. That lead me on a personal quest to get my ring. My quest can be found here: http://www.ignorancedenied.com/viewthread.php?tid=276&page=1#pid2438. Check my last post for the full story on this link. Well, we finally found all the rings and they were safely guarded until the merging of the rings had to occur. Well, that lead us to here. After hair being pulled out all over the place and brain rot setting in, ha ha, we finally figured out the way into the site and that lead us to here. Our new home and a new mission. The mission is described here. http://www.ignorancedenied.com/viewthread.php?tid=1

Well, that is a short summary of about 2-3 months of searching.

Well, have a great time at this site. We have modeled this site off of the game. Alot of things to learn and to explore. I hope you enjoy it.

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I love this site and i'm totally addicted, lol
    What sort of puzzles were there on the hunt for the rings?

14. JcMinJapan

Well, 3 months worth... ha ha ha I think they hit us with everything that they could think of. We had alot of encryption puzzles, logic, well, you name it, we probably had it. ha ha ha

15. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

encryption, that sounds interesting but evee brain teaser section every time i try one in the brain teaser section I end up giving up,
    I gues I just don't see how they're done.

16. JcMinJapan

Well, ask others how they are done. We have great members here that do not have a problem explaining. We got plenty of practice during the game... ha ha

17. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

do you have any suggestions, (I finally learned the U2U stuff)

18. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Icewolf, when JcMin laugh, it's in a very dark and gothic way. Just something to be aware of.

Well, for us inorder to help you, why not tell us abit about yourself, maybe abit about your background?
    Remember, everything takes time. Don't rush, you'll end up killing yourself in your own stampede.

ohhh, you hear that? I can hear his laughing voice in that tunnel.

BWAHAHAHAHA

19. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well, I'm 16, From Wishaw, Scotland, eh. . . . I'm doin higher physics and mathematics. Hope to do work in a big Photonics industry later on. Wot else is there to say. I like puzzles, and all sorts of stuff using problem solving and the like. If you want to know any more just ask.

20. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

A belated welcome, Icewolf.
    FWIW, u2u's are called PM's (or private messages) on other boards.