Technology The future of lying

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Jan 17, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm aware that Icewolf had a thread on "Lying" somewhere in the philo section. This is more about science and technology so I decided to post it in here.

Suppose it's here. What are we going to do with this high tech machine that can detect deception? Will we use it on our government? Politician? Or will it be use against us? Actually I take that last 6 words back because I lied. Wait, I'm confused here, I didn't lied, maybe I did - no you didn't! Yes! The machine said you lied, but I didn't!

Can we use this machine to find out old lies? Like 911. Reading minds... I think we already have someone who can do that - Derren Brown.

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

It would be fun to have politicians wear this stuff on their campaign trails... ha ha ha ha ha

Do I hear another lawyer joke coming soon? :D

Bode Bliss... no need to respond.... :lol::lol:

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Ha, they would say you're unpatriotic to force your government/politician to wear one of those. And it shows that you don't trust your government. Therefore I don't think it will ever be use against them.

4. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

How would this work on someone who actualy believed their lie.
    ie. a murderer that has commited the crime but truely believes they didn't, repression or what ever.
    It may prove what people believe to be true but can you ever define truth with such a machien?

5. Young William

Young William Premium Member

We are adaptable beings, so I'd imagine that chemistry will change with technology.