Zoology The Frankenfish Strikes Again!!!!

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by JcMinJapan, Oct 16, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Ok, this is not that bad!.. ha ha But, if there is more than one, this could cause problems with sport fishing. The fish itself is very interesting as it can live outside of water for days before dying as long as it is kept wet. Quite a sturdy fish!

You can read the article from MSNBC, but just wanted to introduce the fish to everyone as it was in the news.

19.gif

10.jpg

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

They made a movie about this. I thought it was just a movie, but now I believe it. I wonder if they are meat eaters like pirhana(sp). Cause if this is a factor and there is a huge threat of them in rivers, lakes and ponds, well there goes swimming and beach-goers. Hopefully it isnt.

3. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

The thing that annoys me about this story is the fact that people themselves influence the natural biological balance so much. Hardly anything is done against this. And now some poor fish shows up and they suddenly hit the roof. Well, okay, if there is more than one fish around, it would certainly change things. Changes are not always good, just look what happened to the dinosaurs. But having this fish distroying the bio-balance in the lake of Maryland, is such a minor problem compared to global pollution or anything else... Maybe it sounds stupid, but i just feel so sorry for the fish:(