Lit & The Arts The Declaration of Independence

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by Mizar, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

This peice of literature is the fundemental peice of wrighting that the United States were built upon. This is a great and beuatiful peice of literature and should be read by all men. Many americancs do not even know what the first paragraph/sentence says or means. This document illistratues the basic prusit of life and code that we should follow in livin our lives in my opinion. The words are so inspireing and in that note I invite you to read as follows the Declaration of Independence.

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

So fundimental to this(my) country, but so abused by it sometimes as well.

Do you think we honor these rights to other countries?

I dont think so. We invade countries to help them gain their independance, but then we must be forced to leave.

---pineapple

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I know its sad but still yet im focusing on this document and what it stands for. How powerful it is in its own right. Simply amazing what it says and means. I wish it was upheld and this country was run still in its inital intnet

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think it is an amazing document in itself, and its too bad that we dont abide by it.

But in itself, i agree is powerful. It was a radical document naming the basic rights of men, which had not really been done before. It also politely and publicy declared that the US would no longer be bullied, and i dont know of any other peaceful declaration of independance before that time.

---pineapple