Metaphysics The Coin – Head or Tale

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by tablet, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

We all know that choice is easy, we just pick one. That’s not the case however, especially when you’re between a rock and a hard place. Not even your freewill or almighty strength can make “one” choice in this moment. Perhaps this choice is crucial and might lead to a brighter path or the unknown. The reason why it’s hard to make this choice is because you are being FORCE to make it.

Whatever the choice may be, have you ever put your faith into the coin (head, tail)? Because you cannot decide even with your almighty freewill?

2. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

No, because I may not like the outcome. Also, what if the coin had two heads? :lol:
    By the way, nice new avatar.

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

No I prefer the method of Rock Paper Scissors. Cause the coin method, you start doing best 2 out of 3 then 4 out of 5 and so forth.

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

No I dont do that. Really, i analyze the situation/decision, and look at the outcome/results of each decision before making it. The best result sometimes isnt the best decision, due to the fact of what you may have to do to make that decision. Brainstorming it and imagining the end result of each decision, gives you a clear conscious on that decision made.

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I read an old folklore story about a man who one a flight on a plane by the flip of coin. The plane crashed, so the flip of the coin decided who lived and who died. Scary when you think about it.

6. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

The coin is a very unreliable way of choosing your destiny. You must make your own choices, or else your life is pointless (really, I mean you are asking a coin for advice :lol:

7. Tebbo

Tebbo Member

hmm.....

IN some undecidable cases the coin can help. The coin is unrelenting, unwaivering and shows no prejudice. The coin is equally and always fair. And because of the 50/50 outcome nothing will ever be the same. You must trust in the coin. Sometimes, when all is the same, and you can't seem to muster a good decision, the coin is an easy and reliable alternative.