Lit & The Arts The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by mscbkc070904, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Has anyone ever read CS Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia? If not I recommend it, its a childrens fantasy book and now the first book is a movie to be released 12/9/2005. I remember reading this and it was great when I read it.

The movie was filmed in NZ and used the same special effects crew from Lord of the Rings. If you liked Lord of the Rings, you will like this too.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis - Official Site

2. mscbkc070904

I guess no one has really read these books, I know there arte other CS Lewis works, but this one is a classic. And since alot of us are alot older and some avid readers out there, probably could read the entire set of books in like a week.

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Read them in Junior high looking foreward to seeing The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe in theaters .

I was a budding chef when I read them and had to look up what turkish taffy was and make some after I read them (just very dense flavored jello with powdered sugar)

Good fantasy books !

There is some violence and even death , but not in a manner that a 9 year old couldn't handle....

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Iv read them all also. Good books.

But theyve already been made into Movies, werent the BEST ever, but they were okay.

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

DLM , when ? Never heard of any movies til this newest one ????

Will just look it up ...

6. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

7. mscbkc070904

I have seen one of those, but it was nothing like the book protrayed it. They did a cartoon version as well and it was awful, but hence the LOR FX crew is doing this one, it should be alot better, hence the behind the scenes clips I have seen.

8. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

i saw those, and i felt they did an ok job of protraying what happened.

Heck, I actually own all of them.

My personal favorite was the first one in the series, "The magician's nephew"

---Pineapple

9. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I read those a LOOOOONG time ago. Wonderful books and I still remember them!.. I am glad that they will be out in moview form, I hope that they keep true to the books though.

10. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was one of my favorite books as a child. Along with Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I'm sure Peter Jackson will put as much effort into The Lion as he did with LOTR, sure it will be a great movie !

11. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

The books were indeed very good. I did not know that Peter Jackson was making them into movies!

12. johseph

johseph New Member

he isn't. andrew andamson(also a kiwi, directed shrek and shrek 2) is the boss of the new Narnia movies. Weta are doing the effects, as they did on Lotr, so that might be why you thought pj was directing it=)

13. dragonsdemesne

dragonsdemesne New Member

These are good books, even though they are geared towards kids, they are still enjoyable by adults in the same sort of way as Harry Potter is. I don't remember who produced it, but there was a miniseries made of the Chronicles of Narnia. I don't think they did all of the books, but they did several. They were extremely faithful to the texts, although the special effects will make you laugh; I don't think they had a lot of money.

14. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I saw a trailer for the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe when I saw star wars (four times :p) It looks amazing, and really LOTR seemslike a childrens film compared to this, I think PJ picked up a lot of experience making those three films and in the future we should expect to see a lot more films of this standard to come.

- Ice -

15. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Icewolf,

Have you read the trilogy "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit"?

I assure you it is no children's book.

16. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I saw the preview before star wars. I cried i think haha
    I love the books and that was amazing preview.

17. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Funny part is, LWW is!

---Pineapple