Chit Chat The Anti Tv Act

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mizar, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Well i have not watched TV in 24 days for more than 15 seconds voluntairly. I have decided that anything important can be found on the raido or in the newspaper. After all a story that CBS would give 40 seconds of time NPR ( national public raido ) would give 8 min. ANd any way i have alot more time on my hands now to do more so important things. Im starting to actually cook and actually keeo my room clean and the scary part is i have no want to watch tv again.

what is your take on my ANTI TV act is it good or bad. should i continue or should i come back to the vewing box

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think that some things on the televison are more informative than nessarily searching it up online. Like the debates for the US. But i have not had TV for a good 5 years now, and i dont miss it all that much. ATS also has a lot of info on subliminal messages over the TV, so not letting as much sink in is a good thing if you believe that.

---pineapple

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

TV.

I stop watching TV after 9/11. It woke me up to really look around. To really question and use my head.

Looking out your windows takes more brain power than staring at the TV - it doesn't take much brain power...

Look at a painting. "Really" look at something and you'll become aware.

ID, ATS, and some other sites and my lovely Radio is where I turn to for news. But once in a while I do go to the TV just to have a glimp of what's happening.

TV put you in a passive mode. There are exception however.

---To answer your question, I say you should stay away from the box. You have the Internet, you're not going to miss anything.

After awhile, look back and compare.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by tablet]

4. bluesunday

bluesunday New Member