Technology Technology and Stress

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Apr 7, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Well, this morning Icewolf was stressed to the max for not knowing how to enable popup because FireFox has it disabled by default. Just right on time to give me an idea for a thread. Stress and computer programs. Even the smart and intelligent one has a hard time finding an options or an operation from a program!

There’s nothing more stressful and frustrating for not being able to do what you want to do or have to find it due to the way the programmers ignorantly hide it. Is it no wonder programming is an art in itself.

Besides getting mad from a small program, office works also give people stress, actually everything that has to do with computer give people stress in one way or another.

What is it about computers/programs in general that give you stress?

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:pbjtime:

Let me count the ways.

Too many applications/software already loaded on my computer that are useless but I don't know if I can get rid of them or not.

MSN Messenger - signs me in even when I'm not on. Love to see that when I'm at work. Still want to know who my cat is talking to.

A 200 page manual that tells me absolutely nothing I want to know.

A wireless lan switch that is in the way.

yada yada yada....

Bleys

3. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Iv never had Firefox have popup blocking off by default when installing it. Thats insane.

I never really get frustrated with computer programs except on Linux. In Linux and other Unix based OS's you have to run programs with extra commands telling it what to do. Like say you wanna run Nano (a text editor) in write mode, youd have to use the command nano -w where just nano just launches the app.

Hardware is sometimes frustrating since you have to get parts that are compatible with each other, or have to figure out why its not working or something. Right now I have a laptop im trying to fix and cant get the DVD Drive working properly, frustrating the hell out of me, but I think I nearly got it.:p

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, people get frustrated from too much or not enough..... :lol:

I swear this if there was nothing to be stressed about, then we would be stressed about that... ha ha ha ha