ID Lounge Team America - World Police

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

This film is one of the best i've ever seen, here's a selection of my favourite quotes.

Kim Jong Il: Hans Bwix? Oh no!... Oh hewwo Hans, gweat to see you again!
    Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace, but your guards won't let me into certain areas.
    Kim Jong Il: Hans Hans Hans, we've been thwew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons mass destwuction, okay Hans?
    Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
    Kim Jong Il: O else what?
    Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you, and we will write you a letter, *telling* you how angry we are.
    Kim Jong Il: ...Okay Hans, I'wl show you. Stand to youw weft.
    Hans Blix: ...
    Kim Jong Il: A wittle mowa...
    Hans Blix: ...
    Kim Jong Il: Good...

Spottswoode: That was bad I.N.T.E.L.L.E.G.N.C.E, very bad I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E

Sarah: INTELLIGENCE is down! Repeat, we have no INTELLIGENCE!

Joe: %$&*! I've got five terrorists going southeast on Bakalakadaka Street!

Spottswoode: If the terrorists get ahold of those WMD's, it will be 9-11 times 100.
    Chris: That's...
    Spottswoode: ...yes, 91,100.

Kim Jong Il: It will be 911 times 2356.
    Chris: My god, that's... I don't even know what that is!
    Kim Jong Il: Nobody does!

Spottswoode: Remember, there is no "I" in "Team America".
    Intelligence: [pause] Yes there is.

2. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

OK I have to admit the movie was funny. I nearly died laughing in the theater but It hardly makes my top movie picks. IT had veryy little real value in my mind but thats my opinion. Hey if you like it I'm not stoping you do what you want as long as it doesnt hurt other people.

3. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Farenheight 911 used very similar tactics. Both movies were laugh out loud funny, but remember it's easy to attack and distort without counterargument, because very rarely is one side completely right. The WMD's may present an empirical basis from which to draw from, however the reasoning behind such large scale decisions is always financially tilted. And that's not funny, at least in my opinion.

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I did not like the movie. It used the same gags over and over for cheap laughs.

For example, when the team leaves mt. rushmore, and the slow-motion music is in the background, swearing, it is funny, but in a cheap sort of way. Then they do it again and again.

---Pineapple

5. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

I will admit it was humorous if only in a juvenile manor. If you liked it you might want to check out Meet The Feebles. It is like the Muppet Show, but the muppets are all drug addicts and sex fiends.

6. TruthBringer

TruthBringer Premium Member

one of the best bits in team america is in the first scene wen that guy goes "hes got the wmd" and then that guy fires a missile and it hits the eifel tower lol

Yours, Truth

7. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

Oh, I can't believe no one's commented on MATT DAMON!!!!!!

:lol: Was a pretty funny movie. Would have been better had I not gone to see it with my parents though. :@@:

--Grav.

8. TruthBringer

TruthBringer Premium Member

lol i bet the puppet sex bit wasnt awkward much! :yes:
    Yours Truth

9. Young William

Young William Premium Member

I don't think that the movie was intended to leave the viewer gaping at the mouth.
    It's just for fun, and of course it's hilarious. .....IT'S MAKE-BELIEVE!...
    Remember, matt damon failed out of College(Harvard), most in Hollywood have. but they can sure entertain, if only for a moment.

10. Alcor

Alcor Premium Member

That is quite possibly my favorite quote from the movie... Good call, Grav--- How could we forget? haha

It was a pretty good movie though--- I hated it the first time I saw it... But after I saw it with a big group of guys, it suddenly became funny... The crazy things high levels of testosterone can do...