Technology Tablet PCs Whats the Ruling?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by JcMinJapan, Aug 31, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I am considering getting a Tablet PC to replace my laptop. Does anyone use a tablet PC and what are your thoughts? The seem ok for CPU speed, not blazing, but ok. I am wondering about use and durability. Any experiences would be great.

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Iv used the Eurocom T210C and i really liked it. It was really solid built and my friend had it for quite sometime and it still works perfectly. At around 1200$ with a Pentium M 1.7Ghz its a really good deal.

The Pentium M line may SEEM slow at around 1.7ghz. But with its monstrous 512KB [email protected] Cache it makes up for the speed. Itll actually perform around a 2.2Ghz processor.

3. JcMinJapan

I have not played with one YET.... Plan on going soon to check them out. How is the resoltion quality? About the same as a standard LCD display? I know I can read the adverts on the computer, but they make everything sound great on them.. ha ha Would you give it a thumbs up?

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

It looked great, a little clearer than a standard LCD. Id give it a thumbs down on games and the likes, thumbs up on things like surfing the web, office, taking notes, and the likes. Depends on what you want to use it for though...

5. JcMinJapan

Not for gaming... Basically, for work. I have to travel quite a bit, I thought it would be handy in computer rooms, so when I make changes, I can use the pen or such to write and draw diagram changes quickly and then make them pretty after I finish. Sure would save time. The small laptops have too small of a screen to show a good presentation at sattelite office or clients` offices. So, I carry one of those very big ones. :(
    The screen size on the tablets seem to be a good size to carry around. I am seriously considering it now, especially with the review here. I wll keep you all updated... ;)