Suggestion - Breaking News Forum

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Cinderloft, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Perhaps a forum dedicated to breaking news that has just happened or is in the process of happening. This way, we could almost be able to coordinate facts from fiction as well as obtain information from members close enough to gather facts, and any other important information. We may be able to even scoop the major and minor media outlets. Links to breaking news need not only apply. Say an earthquake or something else was in the process of happening, a first account by persons could also be posted there. It would also be interesting to see what fact and fiction would be seperated and what the media would come up with to compare. Just an idea.

C.

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Check out the banner on the index page, breaking news links to the forum it is a part of.

3. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

The only reason I thought of it is because we do not have access to putting breaking news in the headline, we have to wait for one of our captains. The news may not be breaking if you are not around. But its ok, it was just an idea. Just trying to help out for the long haul.

C.

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

It is a good suggestion. At least right now, I think we should wait a bit. We need to break this in a bit more. Just do not want to add toooooo much yet. But, I think that may be something needed as an upgrade a little later. The BREAKING NEWS will not really too Earth Shattering (well, literally that would be breaking news)... ha ha.. like the play on words?.. ha ha Well, this will be for scientific breaking news only. Asteroids, space developments, archealogical finds, earthquakes, new physics type of stuff, tanker sinking with oil, etc etc. It will not include anything in standard news... that is already covered on ATS and the many many news sites.

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

But if the earth WAS shattering, it would qualify to be posted on ID.com, right? :p

---pineapple