Dismiss Notice
Attention: All Treasure Hunters.
Our Website Has Changed.

CLICK HERE for the Forrest Fenn Thrill Of the Chase Discussion Group.

Human Biology Stem Cell Research

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by Star and Crescent, Sep 1, 2004.

1. I know that this topic has the potential to blow up into a religion vs science war, but I would like to hear about any major discoveries that have occured through this type of research. I am against cloning humans because that is too close to playing god in my opinion, but if we are able to grow these type of cells outside the confines of a human fetus wouldnt the benefits outweigh the problems? Lets hear what you think!

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Luckily, we are not a conspiracy site, so we can throw the what itfs out the window. :) Here we can concentrate on the Science of each. YEAH!

I found this interesting:
    I think stem cells will be very important for extending the lived and living conditions for a great many people that are not so lucky to be in perfect health. It would be amazing if this worked and they were able to restore hearing to someone. I would love to be there when the person hears for the very first time. It would be so moving!

3. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Bob Klien - Democrat
    Seems his son has diabetes, and this has caused him to rethink the morals of theresearch. I wonder how many others could be swayed if a loved one had diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimers, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/09/19/stemcell.backer.ap/index.html

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Premium Member

Maybe both sides can have their way - :lb:

This research is so important and has such great potential in the coming century - I applaud men like Dr. Hurlbut for trying to find common ground.

B.

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/05_Genetic/050106.stem.cells.html

5. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member