Chit Chat Some things my mates say

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fitzpatrick, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick Member

"The dark ages where when they dident have light right"

"what armys are used to fight"

where in the midddle of the country and there is a river on a map, my mates "oh dident realise we were this close to the sea"

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:ch:

The best lame comment a friend of mine ever made was in response to a third friend's decision to attend UCLA and become an engineer. She asked why in the world would you want to drive a train?

B.

3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I remember when my son was about 4, looking at an old black and white photo, and asking, "When did the world become colour ?"

4. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

I always remember a friend of mine, a Spanish teacher highly educated but she was also deeply religious.

We had been friends for a while and never had disagreed on anything until one day.

I pointed out that they had discovered a new type of dinosaur and she very nice and very honestly told me, "Oh, you don't believe on that do you?" and ask her "what do you mean" she said "Dinosaurs never existed, that is man made" I ask her ( now very carefully) "how do you know?" she said, "Because the bible does not mention them occurs so is a lie"

Instead of arguing I very nicely change the subject, I felt that our friendship was more important than the dinosaurs at that time.;)

Some times we just have to let things go.:duh: