Puzzles & Games solved brain teasers

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by oddtodd, Sep 3, 2004.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I think the brain teasers shold have a solution section so people who want to participate are not shown the answer , or maybe a u2u reply ... just a thought . Or "solved added to the title so people know not to scroll down and reveal the answer .

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by oddtodd]

2. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Maybe a sub-forum for the solutions? It seems to be a very popular forum. I feel ashamed that I havent solved one yet myself. Well, at least the trickier ones anyway. Some were just real easy.

3. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

During the hunt everyone worked together to solve puzzles and riddles like the ones in the brain teaser forum. Sure some of the ones on in the hunt were harder, but that made it all the more important to work together. I think the same should be done in the brain teaser forum that way it will better prepare us all for the next hunt. So posting the answers in the same thread is not a problem because everyone is working towards a common goal to solve the brain teaser.

4. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

When one person spits out an answer it does nothing to help the flow of reasoning or logic to the individual . Also , the clues in the hunt all started with one long winded scenario setting the scene for the entire game , so they all had some direction established These are just random little tid-bits that I would like to try solo .

Try this one , it has all the information you need to solve right here , but if you share the answer , you would rob someone of the chance to work it thru for themselves . Think of it as a training exersize so the future team can all be warmed up as individuals .

In the future , I just won't scroll down to the answer until I'm ready I guess .

A death has occured at the traveling carnival , one half of the worlds smallest twins has been found dead by his own hand , they both shared the record for the worlds smallest man for many years . Their envy for each other was well known as each wanted the title all to himself . They were very old and starting to have trouble walkig due to advanced arthritis .
    A rookie cop quickly fills out a suicide report while the senior detective searches the room . He tells the rookie to stop and fill out a homicide report , and to go arrest the mans twin brother

The evidence he found was two pieces of wood of different lenghts , some sawdust , and a small saw .

Explain ?

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, Having a different forum or sub forum could get complicated. I say use courtesy... ward people and give about 10 lines of dots to warn people to go no farther.

Here is an example....... http://www.ignorancedenied.com/viewthread.php?tid=113

Notice that I made the title and then I warned everyone of the answer below, then I added some dots.... Just be courteous.

6. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

i think a "solved" label would be nice for the solved problems, however, some people guess the correct answer but are not sure if its right, so they dont try and leave space above their post.

---pineapple

[Edit: the thread was not in this section before]

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

7. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Thanks for moving this , long weekend .... someone give the teaser a try.....

8. pineappleupsidedown

tablet, check your u2us

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Just an advice for curious PC user. Don't mess with Services that you do not know.

My problem is solved. The problem is pop-up.

[Edited on 16-9-2004 by tablet]

10. PurdueNuc

PurdueNuc New Member

tablet - sounds like you have a popup-blocker enabled. The newer browser versions (for instance Opera and Mozilla Firefox) include popup-blocking, while add-ons are available for other versions.

11. pineappleupsidedown

Here you go Oddtodd, I've added a "solved" to solved problems and a :??: to unsolved ones.

---pineapple

12. craiz

craiz Member

Hey OddTodd, the answer to your riddle is below.

13. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

thanks for hiding that craiz , I reposted it seperately and someone did get it , but nice of you to hide the answer from other participants .

GREAT IDEA pineapplecupcake !