Chit Chat Slight Of Hand Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Waxy cheesecake, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

I'm interested in starting a stage magicans club, for thouse who want to become a stage magican. We could post new tricks, advice, and stuff like that. We could rate the tricks based on perperation, hardness and the amount of patter(how much you say). Anyone in?:D

2. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Is there a marker or a pen of some sort that is invisible when you write onto your hand or arms??? that the only way to reveal the writing is with ashes? IF So I have a trick.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

the trick you might be thinking of involves rubber glue, i think

---pineapple

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Ok, here's how to freak someone out. This trick was perform on TV and I saw it once but they never tell you how it's done but I manage to figured it out. So here's what you do...

Find someone that you KNOW and. Find out who they like or who they admire most. Don't come to them and ask that, ask someone to find out for you. Normally if you admire someone or like someone it's a secret you don't tell others. The more secret the more interesting the tricks will be.

Now once you know the person name that your friend admire or like most you then write down that name on to one of your arm (it's invisible, you can't read it).

Now, take that person to dinner or some place and sit down with that person and you tell the person you're going to perform magic trick! :lol: You're going to lend a small piece of paper to that person and ask that person to write down the NAME of the person that that person admire most. Then sealed it and give it back to you.

You immediately burn that paper into ashes.... then slowly rubbed on your arm to reveal the name. AND the name on the paper and your arm will match and that person will freaked out.

You are fooling that the name on the paper have crawled into your arm.

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

The magician who performed this said one of his highschool friend payed him $1,000 dollars just to know how it's done.....:wow:

6. pineappleupsidedown

It will be a little hard, wont it, to explain how to do many of these tricks verbally?

---pineapple

7. Waxy cheesecake

Yes your right pineapple, it will be hard.

8. Waxy cheesecake

Hummmm......money. I plan to start performing in about 3 months. Maybe I can make some money like that.

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by Waxy cheesecake]

9. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I used to be into magic but I havent done it in years. I had boxes of tricks but I think they were thrown out when I moved.

10. Waxy cheesecake

I like your reference too that song.:gomods:
    Back on topic. Cool, it'll be nice to have a "seasoned" magican in the group. Would you mind posting a few secrets to some of your magic tricks?

11. Waxy cheesecake

Aperating pennies

Supplies
    2 pennies
    scotch tape

first, before the show scotch tape the 2 pennies onto the back of your neck. Walk up to them and say, "I can make 2 pennies appear out of thin air." they'll probably laugh at you(here if you want you could make a few bets). Turn out your pockets and say, "I am going to make 2 pennies appear into my pockets, with a simple spell.(before saying this turn your pockets back in) Abraca-coin-bra!" Turn out your pockets and reveal you messed up.(look real emmbarsed about it) Then scratch your head in a confused way. Reach behind your neck, free the 2 pennies and drop the crumpled tape to the floor. Say in a dissapointed way, " I guess I wasn't ready for that yet."(say this loudly so as to atract attention, then while your saying that, stuff your hands into your pockets for only enough time to drop the coins, then take them out slowly enough so that they don't notice, but also quick enough so that they don't notice) Start to walk away, then pad your pockets and stop saying, "Wait..." turn out your pockets and show the adiuence the coins.

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by Waxy cheesecake]

12. pineappleupsidedown

I have a huge magic book with a lot of tricks and advice. Ill post them as i come across them or remember them.

Idea: for that trick, scrap the "i have a really bad itch". It draws too much attention to the fact that you are scratching your neck. Better would be to itch your head as if in confuzzlement, then slide it down as if you are rubbing your neck almost from nervousness.

An audience will make important whatever you deem important. If you say you have to itch, they will think the itching is important, and will pay closer attention to it. Also, dont add things that you wouldnt normally say. If you had an itch, you'd itch it. You wouldnt announce it aloud.

Just my take on it.

---pineapple

13. Waxy cheesecake

Yeah your right. I guess I ought to think it through the next time I make one up.:grin: