Human Biology Simple Test for stroke anyone can do....

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by OdraNoel, Jan 19, 2005.

1. OdraNoel

OdraNoel New Member

Subject: How to identify a stroke

I received an E-mail recently (but can't verify the trustability of source for this) from a person claiming their good friend's brother suffered a stroke a couple months ago. He's 30.
    So I thought I would pass this on because you never know.... Is It a Stroke?
    Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately,the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

*Ask the individual to smile.

*Ask him or her to raise both arms.

*Ask the person to speak a simple sentence.

If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call your applicable emergency phone number immediately and
    describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

After discovering that a group of non-medical volunteers could identify #@!&% weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions. They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke Association's annual meeting last
    February. Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosis and treatment of the stroke and prevent brain damage.

A cardiologist says for every ten people who are tested, there is a high probability that one life will be saved.
    I think though that trying that theory out at kindergartens and primary schools across the globe might give a differing answer though, but that may be because I am an idiot and often think of such silly things because after reading this E-mail I needed a laugh.

Darn, I'm not smiling, my arms are down and I can't remember the bloody question!!!!!!!

Just thought ya'll might like to know about this simple but appparently effective test. All the best everyone,

Odra Noel
    :up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::yes:

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:bouncy:

Excellent advice! Thanks for posting it.

I've noticed that Dick Clark still remains hosptialized after almost 2 months after suffering his stroke. Makes me wonder if it was alot worse than anyone is saying.

B.

3. OdraNoel

OdraNoel New Member

Thanks Bleys

Thanks, have a good weekend, and remember,

"It's not the size of the protazoic membrane that's important, it's how you singulate the pre-endomorphic miasma destabilised by the conflagration of rejuvenating cells!".

:wow:

That's not true (I think) cos I just made it up then.

Odra
    :up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::lol:

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Hold the phone just a minute - I can't say Dick Clark? OMG.:o

5. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Yes...indeed is the problem with censors. They only work in 1 context.