Metaphysics See without seeing

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by tablet, Oct 19, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

It occure to me often that I can see without seeing. Are we incarnation of BATS!?????? Who know, maybe I'm echo locating! :lol:

This happens to me whenever I'm tire in a room with no light and trying to go to sleep. I closed my eyes and a few minutes later I can look around the room and see everything while my eyes is closed. Does the blind see it that way too?

2. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

this is really weird but sometimes when i close my eyes it seems like my eyes move from my head to my chin or to my forhead or nose or something, i cant see but it feels as though i am looking from those spots

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

You can't see. But how you know that you're looking through your nose or chin?

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, the question is... do you see with your mind or eyes....

Well, what your eyes pick up is Light we only see light.. the Brain translates the light into pictures. But, how much can we trust waht we see? Animals see different spectrums from us, so what they see is a different image. I have a question... do blind people see anything or is it jsut darkness. Does anyone know someone that has been blind since birth? I would love to know if they have any images in their head. Do images even exist? If they touch something, how does it appear to them? Does it appear? Say I touch a ball, the image in my head is something round and shaped like a ball that I see with the Light waves. Now, if someone has never SEEN a ball, what image is produced if any... If no image is produced, do they percieve things by touch? A sensory of touch that we "seeing" people cannot percieve. Hmm..

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I have had the same experience . I seem to be able to see the room when I KNOW my eyes are closed . I think it is just a matter of having a detailed knowledge of your room . I have opened my eyes in similar circumstances and been totaly wrong . Mind games.... but kind of freaky just the same !!

6. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Well, i had a strange experiance last night. I remembered i needed a book from upstairs, so i walked upstairs in total darkness. This is not surprising because this is the house i was born in; accordingly ive been there for awhile. However, i walked down the hall, and guessed my book was in a certain spot on the floor, bent down so i could feel around for it, but the first thing my fingers touched was the book.

Werid huh?

---pineapple

7. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

has anyone ever lost something in your house and then your mind pictures it in all these places?

8. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

When something touches me in the back of the head, for a few moments I can't see anything infront of me, but I can see the scene behind me, and sometimes I can even see whats touching me. I think its some sort of overlap of my senses of sight and touch.

9. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

My dad knew a girl that if you brought something in, while her eyes were closed, when she touched it she could tell you what color it is.

10. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

i have listened to classical music all my life been in bands and been to many orcherstra concerts. needless to say my sense of hearing is strong verry strong and being an astronomer my sense of sight is powerful in the dark so im verry good in dark areas with low light and sound. as for taste im trying to make it a good sense but its hard. uh i duno i can picture things in my mind verry well liek whats going on like i can see a string section movineg the bows back and forth watchign the conductor in my head and get an image like im there but i dont have the power to hear stuff and see it like daredevil thats crazy and if you can i bow to you

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

It just occured again. I was laying in bed. Closed both eyes then suddenly I can picture a face soo clear! (in black and white). I can see the pore, the scare, the detail as IF I look at the person with my eyes opened! This usually happen when I'm very exhausted. Which makes me wonder...

We might have the ability to really see with our eyes closed. But alot of things are interfering us like daily activity, noise and other kind of worries. I've never really go deep deep into meditation but is this the effect ones get for meditating? I've read about meditation and how people can use their mind and travel to another world. IF there's such thing, it would be amazing if seeing with our eyes closed is second nature!

I would close my eyes everytime I want to draw something because what I see with my eyes closed is the result of what I've seen in reality. It's like I'm accessing the memory and viewing those thumbnail.

12. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Could it be you are experiencing partial exteriorization?

Some, who are in fairly good spiritual shape, have no problem leaving their bodies. It doesn't take a near death experience to show them their true nature. Is this what you see, when you see w/o seeing?

13. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

Well I have my family members losing things, around the house and for some reason I always know where the thinks are without even looking.

I guess because is my home and I am always cleaning I kind of know where everything is.

I always say that things are not lost just misplaced.:p

But I always known when something is not in the house, then at that point I will said is really lost.

As long as is in the house is never lost.:lol:

[Edited on 1-3-2005 by marg6043]

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Sorry bodebliss for not explaining what happens next. I forgot.

Whenever I try to focus, it fade out... slowly. And I have no control over it. The harder I try to focus on the face, the faster it fade and blur out. When I dont' try to focus I see the face clear which is a little odd. Normally in our observable world we only see what we focus on. Whereas in my case it's the opposite. OR.. maybe it was going to fade out anyway regardless whether I focus or not.

Just to clear things up. I cannot access my memory and see thumbnail of it whenever I want. But once in a while it works when I'm tire.

15. bodebliss

Tablet,

You ever hear of lucid dreaming. It's where you have visions and recallable experiences in full video color w/ hearing and the rest of the senses? Is it like the begining of something like that?

16. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

sorry, can't everyone do that, just close your eyes and picture someone you know? Is that what we're talking about. Although my mum says my memory is quite wird she remembers things in words, but can't picture it, whereas as I rememeber very cleary what I see. Also I can miniulate my memories if that makes any sense, for example I can daydream about flying, then I might see my friends?

17. bodebliss

icewolf,
    First off miniulate is not a word and I dont know what your trying to say . you answered your own question . your mom cant visualize.

Gooooogle : lucid dreaming

18. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, neither it is
    and also i asked no question, i made a rhetorical statement

19. bodebliss

I think that's a question followed by a self made answer

20. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

thats not a quote, you inserted a question mark!

P.S it was "Rhetorical"

"a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply"

therefore any answer which was to be found was already known to me