ID Lounge Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by tablet, Oct 3, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

What screen resolution are you using?

[Edited on 9-10-2004 by tablet]

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

For people who are not comp-savvy, on a PC right-click on your desktop(blank space with nothing under it) and choose "properties". Then click the tab that says "Settings". there should be a scroll tab that says "screen resolution" above it. See that number that says ____ by ____ pixels? thats your resolution. So 11.gif !!!

---pineapple

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

BTW tablet, my comp doesnt even offer 640X480

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

That mean you have a so-so new computer. Mine doesn't support it either. :o

Actually, I think it has to do with video card. And the setting of windows os.

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by tablet]

5. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Its the video card and the drivers. With windows default drivers I can only 640x480 or 800x600. With S3s Drivers I can get up to 1152x864 and able to boost the gamma, brightness and contrast. In 2 weeks time tho Ill be able to afford a 9800Pro off of Newegg. MWUHAHAHAHA!!! All those games I ahve will finally be able to be played.

But I use 1024x768

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

DreamLandMafia, If you have a 2gig CPU and a good videocard which you will get one soon, remember to try out FarCry. That game is a breakthrough in graphics. Your eye will pop! It have a very interesting story as well.

Who here play FarCry? You know the feeling you get for watching jurassic park? You'll have the same feeling playing that game and more.

Anyway, off to fix my computer once more (IE security zone got hacked).

7. DreamLandMafia

Iv played the demo on my friends comp and its marvelous!! But the minimum requirement for the game is a 1ghz processor. While the recommended is 2-3ghz. Im right in the middle with an Athlon 2000+ 1.67ghz. Too bad its a Palomino :(

*cringes at the thought of IE*

Edit...also gonna try Doom3 :D

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by DreamLandMafia]

8. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I don't play game that much. The only game I play is StarCraft (battle net every night. I'm on pentium III - 500mhz).

I tried Doom3 and FarCry because of the Graphics. I'm into art so it makes sense. Having played both I must admit I regret playing FarCry first. By playing FarCry first you'll be disappointed by Doom3 because your mind will unconsciously compare the two. I finished FarCry can't wait for part 2 which will continue the story from part 1.

For doom I lost interest on the second or third level. The game is dark and gothic and has alot of gore (not my kind of game) and enemies come out of nowhere (transportation) and it's unexpected (not good for your heart).

I tried Doom3 on an anthon 2ghz. It still run a little laggy. You might as well not bother with the game if you're planning to buy it.

StarCraft, WarCraft. I also played the two. I can't compare them because they're orange and apple. You play StarCraft don't you? I bet you do! PROVE ME WRONG. AHA! That game is irresistible.

I'll talk more about FarCry and Doom later. If you played FarCry already, you'll be disappoint by Doom3.

9. DreamLandMafia

I used to play Starcraft...but not much anymore...I play mostly Warcraft of that type of game. And nothing beats the Command and Conquer series. I mean NOTHING. Red Alert 2 was a bit of a disappointment, WAY to short, and it was the last in te series of there strategy games that Im actually able to play right now. Cuz Generals wouldnt play on my current onboard Graphics. Iv got Generals and Zero Hour, and about 10 other games, just WAITING to be played all in my closet.

In 3 weeks itll be a GLORIOUS time!!!! I will be among the gamers of the world!!! And with my new Water Cooling system I can overclock this CPU and the GPU. Tis gonna be a good month!!!

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I like war game. One that makes you think. The more realistic, the better. Is there one that you know that is better than StarCraft?

One that you play as if you're in the war yourself.

I saw a commercial about McDonald.
    The man when to work early in the morning eating McMeal and when into his work place and sat down playing a game. It when very quick. But I saw the screen image of the game. I have to try that out. Have you seen that commercial? I want to know what game it was.

The :swear: "I'm loving It" slogan is driving me insane!

11. DreamLandMafia

In commericals and most movies they dont usually use real games and real software cuz If they do they have to pay the developer money!!

But nope...watch that much TV anymore. Its all crap.

12. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Games... My favorite is Dungeon Siege. Have not had time to play 2 yet, but 1 was awesome.

13. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

600x800.

why do you ask?