Zoology Science Turns Monkeys Into Drones

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by Bleys, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I know what you are thinking - isn't this a topic you would see at ATS? But actually the social ramifications behind this technology should be discussed.

I read the article and find the logic behind the research to be admirable, but the potential for abuse to be disconcerting. Is this an inevitable part of all science - the possibility of its misuse?

Hate your job - take a pill.
    Can't control your students - add it the school lunch program.

Link

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

In many ways, I do like the idea. Of course, for any advancement in anything, abuse will always be there. That part will never stop in this world as we know it now. But, if we change their mind with this technology, maybe we can change them to never use stuff against other people that is dangerous! ha ha ha That would be awesome.

3. SubVolitional

SubVolitional Member

JC is right the potential for abuse is always going to be present however something of the nature like breeding out the enjoment of diversity and trying new things is exactly what purveying ignorance is. Last I checked the name of this forum is Ignorance Denied and though I can tolerate repitition to a point, its only becuase I know change is merely a matter of time. Imagine not being able to recognize boredom-sounds like a"drone" would have a problem with self-sufficiency and memory.....