Puzzles & Games Runescape

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Icewolf, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

If we're looking for a clan game, I quite like the look of runescape at http://www.miniclip.com/runescape_game.html see what you think. If you like it post here.

Zsandmann: Ediited for quick reference.

Server: World 30
    Time: TBD
    Clan Name: TBD

PLAYERS: Messenger Names:
    DreamLandMafia ---> Area51Mafia
    Zsandmann ---> Z_Sand_Mann (Woodsman/Miner) [email protected]
    Junior_Smith ---> Junior_Id (Blacksmith)
    Smirkley ---> Smirkley
    JcMinJapan ---> Krytie (Thief, Smithing, Mining)
    Mizar ---> fledermaus33
    OddTodd ---> OddlyToddly
    Al Verico ---> Porli
    Icewolf ---> Icewolf_Id (Mage/Warrior) [email protected]
    Tablet ---> IdTablet
    Pineappleupsidedown --->IDpineapple
    Waxy Cheesecake ---> Waxy Cheese

Meeting Place: Lumberg Castle Basement

Combat:16
    Hitpoints:16
    Mining:22
    Strength: 14
    Agility: 1
    Smithing: 16
    Defense: 1
    Herblore: 1
    Fishing: 1
    Ranged: 1
    Theiving: 1
    Cooking: 16
    Prayer: 12
    Crafting: 3
    Firemaking: 14
    Magic: 3
    Fletching: 1
    Woodcutting: 19
    Runecraft: 1

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

[Edited on 10-11-04 by Zsandmann]

[Edited on 10-12-2004 by JcMinJapan]

[Edited on 4/20/07 by smirkley]

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Krytie:
    Here are my skills at present.... I will update this every few days:

Thing I have found out! (helpful hints):

1. Talk to the stupid drunken dwarf... If you do not, he will attack you and you cannot fight back!

2. If you get a "Strange Box" SOLVE IT RIGHT AWAY!!!.. Open it and solve it!!! I did not and within 5 minutes had 15 of them that I had to solve! Your inventory will be filled with them!

World Used: World 30 (there is no difference in the worlds)
    Usual Hangout: Around Rimmington and Falador as I am working on getting my survival skills up before hitting quests full boar.

I am only listing the ones I have anything signifigant... the rest were just by luck.. ha ha

Level: 25
    HP: 22
    Mining: 43
    Smithing: 37
    Cooking: 22
    Strength: 21
    Defense: 20
    Attack: 21
    Chopping Trees: 22
    Starting Fires: 20
    Prayer: 16

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by JcMinJapan]

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by JcMinJapan]

3. JcMinJapan

Yes, the better the axe, the faster..... I found that out in the mines. I have only a bronze axe and have to hit the rocks about 7 times each! People with rune axes hit only one time. So, definately upgrade the axe it ya get a chance.

The box just showed up in my inventory one time. I was mining and left it there. Then I had two. Then 3 then 4 I went to the bank to get rid of them, but every time I clicked on the bok to drop it or put it in the bank, it added.... ha ha ah Opwent to the smithing shop as I had a fuull lot of iron. When I opened a spot, a new box came in. I stopped and asked and somone knew about it and said hurry and solve it as it will keep multiplying. If out of space, it just adds a nuber over the box, kinda like runes when you have more than 1. Then if you open a space in the inventory, it automatically takes that spot!

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Ok. So the purpose of Runescape is to advertise ID. I don't think we do that part yet. :ham:

I suggest you all team up and go beat up woman and man of all level. And tell them that this is our way of advertising.

A much more friendly approach would be to TELL THEM to sign up at ID and you'll give them free $$ in return. Or sword whatever. :lol:

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by tablet]

5. JcMinJapan

lets get 150 members up to 70th level, then we will just take over a town on the boards!.. ha ha ha We will have guard duty, cooks providing food, smithers making better weapons..... BWAHAHA

Then we pull in others to the site and clan... we can thousands of minions!!!!!! :puz::puz::puz::puz:

Actually, I am just worried about living every day... ha ha ha

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by JcMinJapan]

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

True. I was about to tell a real story, but... I don't want to turn anyone off. :D

Yes, we can rule that place easily. But then It would be no fun for others. That's the sad part. Hehehe.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by tablet]

7. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

Level: 8
    Attack: 7
    Strength: 7
    Defense: 3
    Prayer: 7
    Magic: 1
    Hitpoints: 12
    Herbology: 1
    Thief: 1
    Crafting: 4
    Mining: 23
    Smithing: 16
    Fishing: 1
    Cooking: 2
    Firemaking: 10
    Chopping Trees: 7

will keep updated, everyone else try to do the same

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by junior_smith]

8. JcMinJapan

Just so everyone knows!

Adamite mining Picks cost as startling ..... 3200 gold!
    I have broken 4 of them already! But, now that I am level 41, I will gety a rune axe, need to only save about 35,000 gold! I hope they don`t break... ha ha

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

[​IMG]

The grid map above was done in hurry. I'll make it more logical to pin point location in due time.

Here's a complete map at 50% view. (non-grid)
    http://img35.exs.cx/img35/9464/Runescape-Map.gif
    Right-Click and save as: Change extension to ZIP. It's about 500K!

I was trying to make it at 100% view, but it takes a lot of time and the size would be very BIG to download!! The jpeg quality is saved at Medium - for the 50% view.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by tablet]

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

The one in yellow is my most concern.

Attack: 8
    Strength: 8
    Defence: 13

Prayer: 1
    Magic: 1
    Hitpoints: 14
    Herblore: 1
    Thieving: 1
    Crafting: 1
    Mining: 3
    Smithing: 1
    Fishing: 3
    Cooking: 9
    Firemaking: 24
    Woodcutting: 20

Combat Lvl: 11
    Total Lvl: 112

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

S E L L I N G

Selling Feathers:
    What's with Feathers? I once sold 290 feathers for 872gp! That's 3gp each to a person who knew alot about feathers and its usage.

Where to get feathers: Kill chicken! in return you get Raw Chicken (meat), Bones and Feathers. That's one way I know of getting feathers. I'm sure there's a better/faster way!

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by tablet]

12. JcMinJapan

Selling huh? Well, I go kill the cows and get strength faster out of it. I get the hides and I get meat. I cook the meat and take it all to the bank for future use. I have about 50 meat now in the bank.

I get about 2 of everything I find at least. I have 5 eye of newts. No idea what they are for, but will keep it just the same. If I come across a quest for any items, then I will have them. If I die with some of the items, I will have a spare in the bank. ;) that is my strategy.

I used to sell oak and food in the beginning. Then I found a great mine under Falador and go there to mine, then go to falador to smith it. Then stick them in the bank. When the bank has about 200 iron in there, I go to Varrock. why? Well, there is a bank right next to an anvil. I then go there and make Iron Plate and Steel swords now. I go back and forth until I use all but 10 bars. I keep 10 in case I need something for my use later. That way I can smith it myself. No money needed.

I am working on cooking, fire starting, mining, and smithing alot. They are the basic skills for survival in the wild, so I am going for that route. Chickens only get you a few gold for one, but I get about 1000 for one full set of armour. It only takes me about 15 minutes of mining, smelting, and smithing. I could sell it much higher, but I can basically get enough money whenever I need it. So, I do not worry about money at all. In my bank I have about 5 full sets for sale at all times.

I will probably work on my food levels for a bit and get my meat and other stuff up to a few hundred. Then no need for food.

Being that I can get money at almost will, I usually only trade for items recently. I have no problems trading trading a smithed weapon or armour for a small item I do not have. Why? Because I can make it! ...

But, I want the Rune Pick Axe, so I may start to up the price a bit for items to get it.

13. JcMinJapan

I always go into world 30. Usually at one of those two places mentioned above for now. I go to lumbridge sometimes for coal. (That is where all axes were broken!) But, I need the coal to make steel!. oh well, Just need to stock up on picks. I am krytie in there, so add me to the friends route. I want to be the hitman! :lol:

I actually had a player ask me to go into the wilderness to ambush someone. It was an interesting concept. But, the player was 36th level. If he could not beat this guy, what could a 13th level player do? I politely declined.... If I was level 40... I may have thought about it.... ha ha But, I keep on being nice to people that have died and lost everything. I keep giving alot of stuff away if I have more than two in the bank. So, I am hoping to have friends everywhere and have a fun time playing this. The quests are more fun than fighting other players, so I hope it keep that way.

14. junior_smith

what weapons/ armour are you wielding?
    i have a brass necklace
    bronze chainbody
    iron full helm
    iron long sword
    bronze-soon to be steel kiteshield (just need lvl 5 defence)

15. JcMinJapan

Armour...... Well, All Iron Plate... I just realized that I can make steel, but can only wield the weapon as I just figured out how to get the defese points up.... ha ha The same with the attack. I was always doing aggressive, so my strength went up. I just realized that depending on your attack method, the other XPs go up. so, working on that. Should be at Full steel very soon. BTW, if anyone needs anything made, jsut find me in the game and I will make it free of charge for an active IDer. ;) I can make up to long swords and full steel helms currently. I can do any Iron or Bronze. I have about 30 gold ore in my inventory, but cannot smelt it until level 40. Only 3 more to go. I will smelt it and then sell it for alot. If someone can craft it, I will smelt it and you can craft it and we split the profits.... ;)
    That way we can each do something and work together to get tons of gold! ;)

Right now, I am working on fighting as I want to be able to wear everything I can make. Also, In the dwarven mines, the big stuff is down there, but also there are 14th level scorpions. not a pretty site.. ha ha

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by JcMinJapan]

16. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Make stuff for me and I'll sell it at market. I hang there and chat to buyer alot. :)

By the way, I was lucky to chat to an experience Runescape player. 1 Feathers worth 10gp! If you sell 5 feathers it's not worth for 50gp... because you can just kill the chicken and get 5 feathers. BUT if you sell it in large amount, then 1feather = 10 GP.

I sold 290 feathers for 870gp. Which should have been around 2000gp.

BY the way, is it possible for more than 1 people to attack 1 people in the wilderness?

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by tablet]

17. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

You do know you can't attack anybody in the wilderness, they need to be at roughly the same level as you, thats y the person asked you to ambush someone.

And how do you get your defence points up?

18. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I always fight in defense mode. It makes sense that someone who is not into combat has high defense. :)

19. junior_smith

just change your attack mode to defense

20. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

I joined too! I am going too need someone too help me with this. Just because I don't have a problem now doesn't mean I won't have a problem later.
    :roll: