Dismiss Notice
Attention: All Treasure Hunters.
Our Website Has Changed.

CLICK HERE for the Forrest Fenn Thrill Of the Chase Discussion Group.

Points system?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Star and Crescent, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Has anyone given any thought to a points system like on ATS or maybe somehow tying the two together to gain points for posting in ID? I would be in for trading a few thousand points for an ID.com T-Shirt;)

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Well we have discussed it, but for now I dont think points are the purpose of the site, we want to keep the styling and operations simple, and focus on content. Maybe once we get grounded we can add more bells and whistles

Z Out

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

so what are the stars representing then?

---pineapple

4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

The stars in your mini profiles are representative of the number of posts you have made, and associated with your member title level.

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

cool then, thanks. Im almost halfway outta Hunter. yay! :p

---pineapple

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

As you can see, there is a new points system. Now, why are some of the points so high?
    Well, Simple... I have been on ATS since April and I already have over 1000 posts. I love the site... well, we plan on being around for many many years to come. Plus... Did you really think someone should be able to earn ENLIGHTENED ONE in a few months? ;) That would be many years of posts. Now, the site is really not for points or rankings, we just add them in for some fun to show longevity. If the points are very close, then we will have people just posting to get a higher rank. Now that they are varied and some a long way away, people can concentrate of good quality posts..... ;)

7. intrepid

intrepid New Member

The points system at ATS is fairly unimportant after you customize your account, why bother? BTW, I like the quick reply.