Metaphysics Philosophy Is "what"

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by Ikebana, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Ikebana

Ikebana Member

Philosophy Is \"what\"

Just for a lighter comment...I heard a song done by Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians, that claims "philosophy" is "the top on a cereal box". Great song!

P.S. Anyway if this is stepping on any rules made in this forum, please feel free to delete this post.

2. invader_chris

invader_chris Member

I think philosophy is the truth wrapped in mystery.

3. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I found this definition which fits the ID mantra:

Philosophy - greek - philos sophia meaning love of wisdom.

Philosophy aims to gain an understanding, knowledge, or wisdom about fundamental matters such as reality, knowledge, meaning, value, being and truth.

The "why is the sky blue" for adults in essence. Why am I aware, why are we here, what is beyond this consciousness.

B.

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

From what I've seen on TV newssss, people don't care about much. You could be an ax murderer, as long as you treated them well and weren't trying to ax murder them in particular, you'd be good. This is the world we live on, there's alot of low, low expectations in human relations that hinge around food and sex and a warm place to....

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Philosophy I'd say is the way people live their lives, religions, communism, capitalism are all forms of philosophy,
    Searching for the truth in life is a philosophy in itself,
    but i'm not sure what exactly this thread is about. . .

6. Young William

Young William Premium Member

The glass is half-full, however,........ it could be half-empty. Some people hear music, some listen to it. Others ride life like a rollercoaster, while some repair its gears...........

7. 1Reshin2

1Reshin2 Member

Sorry to say this, but the main reason i came to this site is to see if i could learn how to find answers to such questions, I learned first that all questions worth asking are for answers worth knowing.

8. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I think philosophy is a way of getting to where you want to be, as opposed to where you are. Then again, it could lead to a denial that where you are, is where you desire to be, and clouds the cause of your non-progress to loftier levels.