Technology Online Chatting

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Dec 2, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

What was the first chat software you discovered?

Any bad/good experience? can you live without it? What would you like it to have as a feature?

2. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

First chatware I used was Protigy (sp?) but I think they are defunct now. Then AOL, now MSN messenger and IRC. I chat a lot with the admin and mods but not much else. Its handy for that.

I think this is productive tech.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I mainly use AIM. I think this technology is helping us communicate all over the world and spread information and ideas, but back on the home front there is a bit of neglection happening.

---pineapple

4. Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick Member

me and all my mates use msn but i use aol a bit as well

5. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

It was AOL, and then Yahoo and now I use AIM to comunicate with my daughter while she is in college, we talk everday.

Right now I am not into chat rooms I am very happy with message boards.:lol:

6. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

I've become a bit of a console cowboy... just a tad. The computer is the center of my social network, writing habits, etc. I have yahoo and MSN on most times. It's just more...tolerable than interacting with folks face to face.

Tablet, what do you mean by 'making us better'? There can be a lot of definitions of 'better'.

DE

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Ok DE, you got my mind changed. I see the good in it. But I fear that if we continue this way we might end up like a machine. :D

I just modify the original post so we can have a general discussion about chatting software. :up: and the chatting experience.

8. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I go in phases of forums, chat rooms, not chatting at all, and so on. I was in a phase of forum posting when "the hunt" ended, and now i havent had a chance to leave :p

---pineapple

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

How can you now that you're a super moderator. With powers ec. eh. muahahahaahaa.

10. Juanita

Juanita Member

I first started using MSN. Never EVER used anything related to AOL.

Alas, much has changed for me and the circle of friends I have either don't know how to type, aren't interested in chatting via IM, or aren't as interested in computers as me. So, I use nothing now. Don't know anyone to chat w/. :no: Awwwww - self indulgent pity.

These forums keep me interested, tho. I get a little inpatient waiting for a response, as it isn't IM! But it's better than having a bunch of sick jerks just wanting to meet up w/ me!!