Zoology Non allergenic cat

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by helenheaven, Nov 1, 2004.

1. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

A sneeze-free cat is being worked on by scientists, aimed at animal lovers that are allergic to cats.

A Los Angeles company, Allerca, is promoting its plans to produce by 2007 the world's fisrt non allergenic cat using pateneted bio technology.

The genetically modified cats will sell for US$3500 and allow "some of the millions of people allergic to cats to enjoy the love and companionship of a household pet without suffering from allergy symptoms"

Allerca says this is the first of a planned series of "lifestyle" pets that it will develop over the next few years.

The company hopes to sell 200,000 cats in the first year.

New Scientist magazine recently reported that although it might be possible to create cats without the offending protein, blocking production of the many other proteins cats produce could damage the animal's health.

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Great Idea, but $3500!!!

I hope that is Hong Kong Dollars!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

for 3500 dollars couldnt you find a way to find the perfect allergy medication, so you werent alleric to ANY cats?

---pineapple

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

with $3500 Helen could buy alot of beer!!!! :brkdnc: :lol:

with $3500 I'll put it in my pocket. Keep in mind, you might rescue the cat when your house is on fire due to love is blind. :bouncy:

5. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Why not just shave a cat?? Isnt is just the hiar that causes the allergic reaction??

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

For me the allergic reaction is not with the hair..... It is the constant tearing up of the house with their claws and the endless noise when they are in heat!

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Like this cat

[​IMG]

these cats come for the low price of $750

---pineapple